Family of George Smith calls for resignation of Uncle Bob

Timmys_mom

I'm just curious just "who" is the Smith family that are whining about UB.

It seems his parents have been handling the matter with class and I truly empathize with them over their loss.

But from what I've seen so far, her and her family are playing it to the hilt with the media. This "response" to UB's comments will make great fodder at the civil lawsuit (lottery) that's just waiting to pop up! :mad:

"The facts of the case, the story of the husband and wife, the bride and groom, and it's just absolutely bizarre, but it has nothing to do with safety on cruise ships. And the fact that we have to get up here and defend our safety record is absurd," Dickinson said, according to the letter.

And he is absolutely right. When does Jennifer take responsibility?? As a honeymooner, what's she doing sleeping in the hall at all hours o' the a.m.? And she didn't seem too concerned with the whereabouts of her new husband!!

I have not read any previous posts, so if I am repeating please pardon my duplication. The reason why I have not read the other post is because I am sick of hearing from the families of this incident.

Now let me vent: To the Smith family and all those that are involved. I do not believe the wife or the story she tells. She does not know how she wound up in hallway? Or the number of drinks she had that night? Well if you want me to care or even half a slight concern about what happened that night then let's show a little good faith and be honest. This did not concern CCL, but RCCL, so to the family lets leave CCL out of it. Your problem is with a dishonest daughter in law. She wants to deflect and spin herself out of the truth, but she is the only one that can tell the truth and she cares not to. CCL has no dog in this fight so don't create an issue. Additionally, RCCL may have dropped the ball on the investigation, but how many murders occur on a cruise ship? They probably thought that it was a simple accident or suicide. Murder on a cruise ship is almost unheard of. So if their investigation is simplistic or not complete as a CSI TV show that does not mean they are covering up, it just means they are not equipped for murder on their ships. I hope that the latter is not the case, because when I go cruising that is the last thing that I want to think about. So to the Smith family, I am sorry for your loss, but do not look outside of your family for your answer until you have look inside. Now, let's get back to discussing those that concern this board and that is cruising and the joys that it creates.

"The facts of the case, the story of the husband and wife, the bride and groom, and it's just absolutely bizarre, but it has nothing to do with safety on cruise ships. And the fact that we have to get up here and defend our safety record is absurd," Dickinson said, according to the letter.

And he is absolutely right. When does Jennifer take responsibility?? As a honeymooner, what's she doing sleeping in the hall at all hours o' the a.m.? And she didn't seem too concerned with the whereabouts of her new husband!!

She got up early in the am. and went to a spa appt. Now I don't know about you all, but if I was found drunk in the hallway at 4 am, taken to my room........there is no way I would be able to get up that early in the morning for any kind of appt. If she was drugged, then the story is even more bizzar. There is no spa worth going with that bad of a hangover........unless you are trying to look like nothing is going on....HHHMMMMMM

A Couple things..

The George Allen case IS insane already

I do hope they solve the case though

Bob should not have oppened his mouth about the case, what good did it do anyway?

Bob should not be fired for it, a simple apology, maybe a direct phone call to the family would do just fine.

I've talked to two people who were slipped 'something' in their drinks and think we should all realize how powerful that can be, so I'm giving the bride the benefit of doubt that something strange happened and that's why she can't remember.

HOWEVER Butterfly is right, has NOTHING to do with how safe cruise ships are. I mean REALLY even at 2 3 4 am people are walking around the ship, kinda hard to so something very shady.

I feel for the parents, the bride, everyone. It's just real tragedy.

I've talked to two people who were slipped 'something' in their drinks and think we should all realize how powerful that can be, so I'm giving the bride the benefit of doubt that something strange happened and that's why she can't remember.

I agree there's a possibility that she was slipped something. BUT, if she was congnizant enough that morning to realize she had a spa appointment scheduled and to get herself to it; then it seems odd that she wouldn't have LOOKED for her husband upon realizing that he was not in the room, and hadn't been there ALL NIGHT.

I also saw the Oprah interview, and the bride came across as cold and selfish, in my opinion. We'll probably never know what really happened, but I believe that she knows more than she is saying.

Archived