Welcome Aboard party on Oceania

Barbara60

Just now, Barbara60 said:

Will be on Insignia this fall/winter. Can anyone expand on what time and where the 1st day Welcome Aboard party is and what they serve?

I do not believe they have a Welcome Aboard party on the first day ......they do have a Captains party, usually the second night or so, and it is held in Horizons with free drinks and nibbles.  Also during the Captain's party, drinks are free all over the ship,

• Like 4

We have a 60 day cruise coming up.

It is one of those “ hop on hop off “ itineraries.

There are five embarkation ports whilst we are onboard.

Three questions please.

Will there be a Captain’s party for each of these segments?

If yes, how soon will Guest Services onboard be able to tell me which night is planned for each of these?

One of the embarkations is the middle (2nd) day of a 3 day (double overnight) port stop.

Because of that I’m guessing the party would more likely be 3rd night rather than 2nd night.

Would that be a reasonable assumption?

32 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Will there be a Captain’s party for each of these segments?

If new pax are boarding    yes there will be  a Captains party

Why would they exclude the  new segments?

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

... Will there be a Captain’s party for each of these segments? If yes, how soon will Guest Services onboard be able to tell me which night is planned for each of these?....

You'll see the Captain's Party prominently mentioned in the daily Currents. Always read and study your daily Currents each evening to know exactly what all will happen the next day.

For the Repeater Party, you'll get a written invitation in your "mail box" outside your door.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2023 at 3:23 PM, basor said:

I do not believe they have a Welcome Aboard party on the first day ......they do have a Captains party, usually the second night or so, and it is held in Horizons with free drinks and nibbles.  Also during the Captain's party, drinks are free all over the ship,

Just to clarify, on the R ships the Captain's reception will be held in the lounge. I believe on the O ships the reception is in Horizons.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

So there are two nights of free booze if you are a past guest?

Yes

Captains party    usually about 2 hrs of free drinks  in certain bars

Reunion or past guest  party  in Horizons 

• Like 1

On multi segment cruises we typically only go to Horizons/Lounge for our first Captain’s Reception. After that we do the following in Martinis where service is typically far better , along with drink selection.

We always go to the Repeater Parties. The better OCA always gives out a lot of interesting statistics on the passengers and their make up. We always try to get seats close to where they speak. Quite a number of very rude uninterested guests seem to try to drown them out with their own conversations.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2