Prima dress code, help!

Ajnp

Bit of a background.

We are doing Prima departing out of Southampton 1st of Oct. We have a few days pre cruise in the UK and the weather looks like it might be on the cooler/possible rain side, so will pack accordingly for sight seeing in those conditions. 

Our cruise then travels down to Portugal and Spain where the temps expect to be slightly warmer than UK, but Since It is a 12 day cruise I am struggling to figure out what to pack? 

We enjoy dining in the MDR however all our past cruises have been summer on the Mediterranean and Nice shorts and Nice sundresses etc Some polo tshirts etc and it was easy to pack lots of "dressy outfits"  that take up little space. My kids were younger and just wore what I gave them... 😆

However now traveling in more cooler climate, I am alittle worried on what/how to pack.

I have teenage boys who LIVE in hoodies and track pants and football (soccer) jerseys, getting them to wear "proper" clothing is a punish and is basically limited to the occasional church trip for weddings or baptisms, so I will need to update their wardrobes before we travel!!

My question is How "dressed up" does the MDR get on the Prima? I have read that jeans are ok. But in terms of jackets/sweatshirts etc or football jerseys for that matter... I feel really lost.

Please throw your suggestions at me!

50 minutes ago, Ajnp said:

My question is How "dressed up" does the MDR get on the Prima? I have read that jeans are ok. But in terms of jackets/sweatshirts etc or football jerseys for that matter... I feel really lost

Restaurants on NCL are either "Smart Casual" or "Cruise Casual"....

Cruise Casual: the Freedom of Freestyle Cruising

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required.

Be sure to pack a sweater - the air conditioning can be chilly. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear shorts in all our restaurants.

Please Note: We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

All Decked-out: Smart Casual

Dress smart casual in our more upscale specialty restaurants. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it's jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear shorts in all our restaurants.

...in your case, only Le Bistro and Palomar are Smart Casual. Shorts and t-shirts are fine everywhere else. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just sailed on the Prima this summer to Iceland and it was the first time my husband and father did not pack a sports jacket, which was fine.  We have just booked this same itinerary for October 2024 and I think that the weather should still be balmy once you get to Lisbon.  I am excited about the possibility of enjoying the outdoor areas more on this cruise than our Iceland cruise but we still did have a couple of fairly nice days where we were able to sit and eat outside!  I brought summer clothes and a sweater!  We were fine!  Enjoy your cruise.  Please post after as I am interested in the excursions and day trips you plan!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ajnp said:

I have teenage boys who LIVE in hoodies and track pants and football (soccer) jerseys, getting them to wear "proper" clothing is a punish and is basically limited to the occasional church trip for weddings or baptisms, so I will need to update their wardrobes before we travel!!

If I were in your situation, I would just let them dress as they choose.  They're on vacation too, and nobody who means anything will care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1