Silhouette - (hopefully) a live review - 9th September Med Cruise

ladylemondrop

We 

On 9/22/2023 at 8:34 AM, ladylemondrop said:

There were two very nice cocktails from world class bar, the tall pink one is a Celebrity Number 10, and the smaller pretty purplish one is a Violet - it was absolutely delicious. They use fresh zest and all kinds of small touches that really make a difference. 

We sail Sillie's TA in three weeks and just want to post my own thanks for your meticulous and fun review.   I'm glad you had such a great time.  Best wishes for hubby's continued recovery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marieps said:

We 

We sail Sillie's TA in three weeks and just want to post my own thanks for your meticulous and fun review.   I'm glad you had such a great time.  Best wishes for hubby's continued recovery.

Thank you this made my eyes leak a little bit…

LadyLemonDrop,

Sincerest thanks for your comprehensive and honest sharing.  As avid cruisers and big fans of Celebrity, it was refreshing to hear such honest and unbiased accounts of your experiences. As we all deal with the realizations surrounding the "new normal" for post-pandemic cruising, your assurances about the continued excellence of specialty dining on Solstice class ships is heartening.

We have felt for many years that Murano is one of the finest overall dining experiences literally in the world (land or sea). I have shared with hotel directors on all ships having Murano that if they would open it up to a sea view it would garner Michelin stars!! Have not had a better Dover Sole anywhere.

And so grateful that your husband was able to make the trip. Memories to be cherished indeed.

Safe travels, and bon voyage!!

Your posts have helped make our upcoming Oct 22 TA from Southampton even more exciting to look forward to.

By chance, were the Barricade Boys onboard?

And how was the string duo and/or acoustic duo?

Thanks again,

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LovetoCruisex2 said:

LadyLemonDrop,

Sincerest thanks for your comprehensive and honest sharing.  As avid cruisers and big fans of Celebrity, it was refreshing to hear such honest and unbiased accounts of your experiences. As we all deal with the realizations surrounding the "new normal" for post-pandemic cruising, your assurances about the continued excellence of specialty dining on Solstice class ships is heartening.

We have felt for many years that Murano is one of the finest overall dining experiences literally in the world (land or sea). I have shared with hotel directors on all ships having Murano that if they would open it up to a sea view it would garner Michelin stars!! Have not had a better Dover Sole anywhere.

And so grateful that your husband was able to make the trip. Memories to be cherished indeed.

Your posts have helped make our upcoming Oct 22 TA from Southampton even more exciting to look forward to.

Thanks again,

Thank you for your lovely words. I’m glad I could help! Yes the Barricade boys were onboard, a talented bunch of very friendly guys. The string duo were good too (except when they played poolside it didn’t quite hit the mark) I think you will have a wonderful time, if you look for the sunshine it’s always there somewhere 😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LovetoCruisex2 said:

LadyLemonDrop,

Thanks again,

The Barricade Boys told us they will be on the ship until November.