Silhouette - (hopefully) a live review - 9th September Med Cruise

ladylemondrop

Order your drink the minute you arrive, before you even look at the menu, as cocktail delivery to Sushi has taken forever in our experience! Remember you may be unsure after one  Spicy mangotini if you like it and consequently need a second to be sure. Purely to ensure you report back appropriately to CC, of course!

• Haha 1

Great advice! I’m ashamed to admit I only managed one Mangotini, it was delicious but am pacing myself so that I can partake of more martinis later. 😁

Food at Sushi on Five was good, presented nicely and the restaurant was peaceful which was appreciated on this busy sea day. 

We had Shrimp Wonton, Edamame, Pork Gyoza for appetisers. Followed by ramen noodles, one was tempura shrimp, one pork, one lobster. All hearty and delicious. Like a bowl of warm wellness… Bill was approx $25 per person. 

Its a beautiful day at sea too, thought you might like to see the view from our hump balcony…

Am currently enjoying this view, while reading my book (Anxious people by Fredrik Backman who wrote A man called Ove, which is equally brilliant!) Does life get better than this? 

IMG_3789.jpeg

IMG_3790.jpeg

IMG_3791.jpeg

IMG_3792.jpeg

IMG_3793.jpeg

IMG_3794.jpeg

IMG_3795.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/12/2023 at 2:59 PM, groryjm said:

@ladylemondrop If you get a chance to go to the World Class Bar could you say Hi to Shubham from me (Fred) and ask him what his personal favourite cocktail is so I can bring him one next month.

Enjoying your review 😎 have a great cruise 

Hi Fred! I’m here with Shuby he says he will message you! And he is looking forward to seeing you 😃

• Like 1

Last September on Equinox, we we seated way at the farthest corner of the dining room on the first night.  It was awful!

On the next night we asked to be moved and found the new arrangement more suitable with a great team of servers and requested the same table every night.

We did notice the MDR food had changed but were, then, fine with it. I hope your second meal in the MDR is better than your first.

We haven’t booked any specialty dining for our November cruise on Silhouette. We may have to think about it.

Thank you for sharing your review.

I started the day by randomly finding a duck! She’s very cute 🐣 

An apology - I did not get any photos from last nights dinner, we shared a table in the MDR with two other couples and I didn’t want to be that rude person with their phone out during dinner. Our table was situated a bit better, that’s the good news. The bad news- food was pretty average. I had Steak Dianne with Hasselback potatoes. The steak was tough and over cooked, the potato was not hasselback just one tiny piece of roasted potato. Disappointing. The snails seem to be a hit though, the chap next to us says he has two portions every evening! 

I opted for liquid dessert again at the Martini bar… These cocktails are too good…

Today we went to Cagliari Sardinia. Our tour was Panoramic sightseeing (from the bus) and a stop at a Tuscan farmhouse for cheese and wine tasting. It was busy, five coach loads of us all descended on the farmhouse, and I was a little overwhelmed by it, we usually do small group tours but I didn’t organise any this time. This was the moment I wished I had! The food was excellent of course, locally sourced salami, cheese and prosciutto, served with white or red wine and very gracious Italian hospitality. 

Afterwards we drove past the salt lakes and saw Flamingoes! Now that was exciting. They apparently arrived in Sardinia in 1993 and haven’t left. We couldn’t get a good photo as they were not close enough. They look so elegant. 

Tonight’s dinner is at the Lawn Club. I’m already dreaming of carrot cake! 

IMG_3797.jpeg

IMG_3798.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

IMG_3802.jpeg

IMG_3804.jpeg

IMG_3806.jpeg

IMG_3809.jpeg

IMG_3810.jpeg

IMG_3821.jpeg

IMG_3822.jpeg

IMG_3824.jpeg

IMG_3825.jpeg

IMG_3831.jpeg

Edited by ladylemondrop
Font size
  • Like 8

On 9/13/2023 at 8:39 AM, chemmo said:

That is a sad looking fish and chips…The salmon is rather uninspiring too…

Loved the Murano pictures. Made me regret that we are on M class next cruise…S class ships have so much going for them, especially Silhouette…

I too loved the pics of Murano.

very disappointed to see triggering from the mdr. Post Covid I returned to RCL ( I hasten to say  on the smaller older ships) On the basis of these photos I would say RCL is vastly better. Not big at lunch in dining room on sea days however in June I had a wonderful lunch. I'm happy with reduced portion size but maybe slightly reduce the plate size. Chefs table was not far behind Murano.

I am concerned in 4 weeks I return to X on Connie beginning to think it is a big mistake. I cruise solo now so not to keen to go to speciality restaurant s besides no Murano on M class.

Would be interested if anyone has any experience of ordering any of the up charge items in the mdr.

Keep up the good work ladylemondrop. Loving following along on your travels. Enjoy.

• Like 2

I am still enjoying all the posts and photos..Glad  you are having fun!

Thanks also for "re-acquainting" us with Silhouette.  We booked a short cruise for early Dec 2024 ,,an in between treat!  We have APEX booked for  a longer itin in January 2025.

Took rm  9237....same as your sons.  Got the Cap Club Discount, current sale terms for 2nd passenger with all in and $200 OBC.  We will book Specialty Dining most nights and get the great Cookie at Lawn Club Grill!

Keep having fun!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hcat said:

I am still enjoying all the posts and photos..Glad  you are having fun!

Thanks also for "re-acquainting" us with Silhouette.  We booked a short cruise for early Dec 2024 ,,an in between treat!  We have APEX booked for  a longer itin in January 2025.

Took rm  9237....same as your sons.  Got the Cap Club Discount, current sale terms for 2nd passenger with all in and $200 OBC.  We will book Specialty Dining most nights and get the great Cookie at Lawn Club Grill!

Keep having fun!

After all these years sailing X I seem to find out from CC posters savings I've never heard about.  What is the Cap Club discount for a cabin??  unless that means the one cabin upgrade for the same price as the lower one? and the premium WiFi for Elite + was new to me as well.

Edited by Oceangoer2

17 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

After all these years sailing X I seem to find out from CC posters savings I've never heard about.  What is the Cap Club discount for a cabin??  unless that means the one cabin upgrade for the same price as the lower one? and the premium WiFi for Elite + was new to me as well.

On X website  Today ....  things may change in Oct 5th so we bookdd today.  (Phone was answered within seconds and we had a great rep.)

Sale:  2nd guest cruises for 75 % off,,,

We rec'd Cap Club disc.. yes as you described...  so we have a Prime Concierge for reg Concierge Price.. (Cap Club .. you get one level upgrade at lower price..not applicable for all cabins we usually get AQ 1 for AQ 2 fare)

All in today included Classic Bev, grats and basic internet ( not needed as we apparently have Prem wifi..E plus perk)

Incentive  today Only... $200 OBC..  (It is a non refundable fare)

We are happy! Priced out of AQ Class and big newer ships at the moment..Going back to basics so we can still cruise!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

Hcat, ducks is just something that people do on cruises for fun! I only found out about it recently but we joined in and it is something that just puts a smile on your face, the guys at the Martini bar were squeaking one tonight every time they got a tip. 

Lawn club was good, just as we remembered it, really tasty home style food. A lovely laid back atmosphere too. I will let the photos speak for themselves…. I

had a proper dessert tonight!! (And a cheeky night cap martini of course) 😉 early night for me. There’s a huge storm it’s wonderful to watch on the balcony. 

IMG_3835.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

IMG_3841.jpeg

IMG_3844.jpeg

IMG_3845.jpeg

IMG_3848.jpeg

IMG_3849.jpeg

• Like 5

wow , LCG looks great..seafood skewer and beef are calling to me.

Love all your drinks..Being type 2 diabetic I can only do a few.. a small martini and my go to IGLU ( non alc ).  I may substitute the frosted toasted almond..What' s the best bar for that?

2 hours ago, hcat said:

On X website  Today ....  things may change in Oct 5th so we bookdd today.  (Phone was answered within seconds and we had a great rep.)

Sale:  2nd guest cruises for 75 % off,,,

We rec'd Cap Club disc.. yes as you described...  so we have a Prime Concierge for reg Concierge Price.. (Cap Club .. you get one level upgrade at lower price..not applicable for all cabins we usually get AQ 1 for AQ 2 fare)

All in today included Classic Bev, grats and basic internet ( not needed as we apparently have Prem wifi..E plus perk)

Incentive  today Only... $200 OBC..  (It is a non refundable fare)

We are happy! Priced out of AQ Class and big newer ships at the moment..Going back to basics so we can still cruise!

thanks for that.  We sometimes book premium concierge and my X TA told me in the past we have the lower rate but I see it as the same rate I'm paying.  Will check again this time.