Cruise embarkation from La Romana (Dominican Republic)

Cruising1122

I could not find appropriate forum for this topic. Have you take a cruise (any cruise line) which embark or disembark from La Romana/Dominican Republic.

In Dominican Republic airport is in Punta Cana and Cruise terminal is in La Romana. I could not find any useful help from Punta Cana airport website (ground transportation).

If have used use this route, how did you handle this. Did you stay either before or after cruise in Punta Cana or La Romana. How did you get there, rental car or shared ride (van etc) or taxi/uber? If you stayed in La Romana, where did you stay like area. In most cities there are hotels right near cruise terminals.

13 hours ago, Cruising1122 said:

I could not find appropriate forum for this topic. Have you take a cruise (any cruise line) which embark or disembark from La Romana/Dominican Republic.

In Dominican Republic airport is in Punta Cana and Cruise terminal is in La Romana. I could not find any useful help from Punta Cana airport website (ground transportation).

If have used use this route, how did you handle this. Did you stay either before or after cruise in Punta Cana or La Romana. How did you get there, rental car or shared ride (van etc) or taxi/uber? If you stayed in La Romana, where did you stay like area. In most cities there are hotels right near cruise terminals.

@Cruising1122

To help you out your thread has been moved to the Ports of Call - Caribbean - Dominican Republic forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

Also, be sure to check in with your fellow Cruise Critic members on the Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date. Someone sailing with you may be in the same quandary too! Please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships. We also have the following Cruise Critic article you might enjoy: 8 Reasons to Join a Cruise Critic Roll Call

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• 1 month later...

We are cruising Jan 29.  I have booked a shuttle with Coco Tours.  We fly in the night before and are staying in La Romana.  When we disembark we are  using the same company to take us from the port to Club Med for the day - our flight is late. I will use a taxi from La Romana hotel to cruise port and from Club Med to airport 

On 11/2/2023 at 10:03 PM, COREYATMN said:

I am also interested in any replies to this post......

I Googled transportation from these locations, and there are shuttles for about a hundred bucks PP.

Hoping someone has some recommendations for same?

When I was booking my trip, I remember the NCL shuttle option being $45 pp per trip. Just doublechecked. I can't use it inbound but it may be an option outbound.

Edited by Cruise4Twos
changed price, added 2 sentences

18 hours ago, Sunseeker11 said:

We are cruising Jan 29.  I have booked a shuttle with Coco Tours.  We fly in the night before and are staying in La Romana.  When we disembark we are  using the same company to take us from the port to Club Med for the day - our flight is late. I will use a taxi from La Romana hotel to cruise port and from Club Med to airport 

Would you care to share more details. What airport? How much are the transfers?