Egypt Visa Requirements

DanceMomma

13 hours ago, willing292 said:

Can you tell me where you got the application for the visa for Egypt? Although we cancelled our upcoming tour for this spring, I would still like to visit there.  Thanks.

You used to be able to download the application from their website. 

20 hours ago, willing292 said:

Can you tell me where you got the application for the visa for Egypt? Although we cancelled our upcoming tour for this spring, I would still like to visit there.  Thanks.

This September 7, 2023 post #122 by @Cruisy Guy contains a link to the application form. AFAIK, the form is still valid.

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 8:50 PM, willing292 said:

We emailed the consulate in Montreal and received the attached documents.  Where you apply (in person or by mail) depends on where in Canada you live.

The other thing we learned is that visas are only good for 90 days from the date of issue, so you can't get them too far in advance.

Egypt Visa for Canadians.jpg

Edited by bleacher04
Removed PDF

5 minutes ago, bleacher04 said:

We emailed the consulate in Montreal and received the attached documents.  Where you apply (in person or by mail) depends on where in Canada you live.

The other thing we learned is that visas are only good for 90 days from the date of issue, so you can't get them too far in advance.

Egypt Visa for Canadians.jpg

Visa-Application- MONT FINAL for canadians OCT-2023.pdfUnavailable

Unfortunately, that link to the application form is not valid.

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Unfortunately, that link to the application form is not valid.

Sorry, I'm not sure how to post PDF's on CC.  I've deleted it from post #28 and will re-post when I figure that out.

• Like 1

Egyptian Visa Application Form

Okay, I have uploaded the file to my Google Drive, and here is the link.  Hopefully this works:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HsLlV2G7cFyy0g9D7d3GxtNYuyu5fPgJ/view?usp=drive_link

Note that this form is labelled as being for the consulate in Montreal.  Presumably the form for the embassy is the same -- geez I hope so -- with a different header.

Post #28 shows the instructions.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

That link doesn't provide access to the document, and instead provides a link to request access, presumably from you. You may receive an email from anyone requesting access.

In the mean time, here's the embassy application form:

https://embassyofegypt.se/onewebmedia/Visa Application Form (updated).pdf

Thanks.  And I updated the sharing access for my link, that should work now too.

Edited by bleacher04
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 6:04 PM, willing292 said:

Thanks for the visa forms.  Our trip there was cancelled, unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that.  Was it a cruise, and if so, which line?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 12:08 PM, Fouremco said:

Yes, that works now, so both the embassy and consulate forms are here for anyone needing them.

My husband got his Visa in 5 days.   He brought it there in person on Monday afternoon and they called that it could be picked up on Friday.   He went on Monday and they said they would be closed for the rest of the week.    I don't know why but we were happy he got his so quickly.

• Like 3

On 4/9/2024 at 9:22 PM, mexico8 said:

My husband got his Visa in 5 days.   He brought it there in person on Monday afternoon and they called that it could be picked up on Friday.   He went on Monday and they said they would be closed for the rest of the week.    I don't know why but we were happy he got his so quickly.

Glad to hear he got the visa Wendy! Allan and I are looking at a Nile cruise but hesitant due to the visa problems!

19 minutes ago, dawnvip said:

Glad to hear he got the visa Wendy! Allan and I are looking at a Nile cruise but hesitant due to the visa problems!

What problems do you foresee to get the Visa?   Bob got his in 5 days.   

I guess because of your being in Vancouver it's a little harder? (Once he gets back I will let you know how the Nile cruise was).

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 12:22 AM, mexico8 said:

Glad to hear that the turnaround was so quick.  Out of curiosity, did your husband go to the embassy in Ottawa or the consulate in Montreal? (it would depend I know on where you live in Quebec).

They were probably closed because Eid was last week.

11 minutes ago, bleacher04 said:

Glad to hear that th

e turnaround was so quick.  Out of curiosity, did your husband go to the embassy in Ottawa or the consulate in Montreal? (it would depend I know on where you live in Quebec).

They were probably closed because Eid was last week.

He went to the Ottawa embassy (we live in Gatineau so that's where he was supposed to go).

I think you are right about why they were closed

• Thanks 1

With the way it's going not sure if my hubby will be going to Egypt. 

We are definitely watching the news for updates on the situation there.   Only about 12 days until he is supposed to be going on the trip.   No nails left to bite..........