Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

The fog has lifted and been replaced with rain, storm clouds, and choppy seas. I feel fine but out of an abundance of caution I went ahead and took a pill.

The inside areas are packed on this gloomy sea day. I feel bad for those looking to enjoy some sun on their only sea day this cruise because that isn't happening. 

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 7

On 9/16/2023 at 12:30 PM, bobbismith said:

Can you ask who will be preforming in the Comedy Club on the TA sailing back to Orlando? 

TIA

I left a message for the ED at guest services but have not heard back. I'll try to ambush him at the vifp party today. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, bobbismith said:

I wonder if the gym might be well used on a TA.  I know I have excersise.

Probably. Luckily there is a nice jogging track except when it's raining. It's too warm in the gym for me unless we are in port and the sun is bearing down on the track with no air flow.

Tea time met my expectations. I really wasn't expecting much and it delivered. It was a nice afternoon snack and something to do. Don't expect some fancy, elegant experience and I think you will enjoy it.

One thing that did rub me and several others the wrong way was the push for specialty teas. No tea was served to start. A guy came around with the fancy teas for everyone and naturally everyone went to grab them, it is tea time after all. I told my mom it was a cost. He said no only nominal fee. Yes that is a cost. No just a nominal fee.

Whatever, no thanks.

He moved on to the next lady, same thing. My mom stepped in and let the lady know what I told her. He actually tapped my mom on the shoulder and shushed her and asked her to keep it to herself. Really.

She said no thanks.

The next table was not so lucky and there was quite a commotion when the free tea finally came out a good five minutes later. I could hear them upset that they were presented with no option but the upcharge tea like it was required. 

I also heard another lady upset she was being charged when you said no charge. He agreed, just a nominal fee. I'm not sure if his English is not good, or if this is a purposeful deception but it certainly seems intentional.

Very shady and not a good look. 

Otherwise I enjoyed the experience and would go again. Just beware of the tea pushers.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Tea time met my expectations. I really wasn't expecting much and it delivered. It was a nice afternoon snack and something to do. Don't expect some fancy, elegant experience and I think you will enjoy it.

One thing that did rub me and several others the wrong way was the push for specialty teas. No tea was served to start. A guy came around with the fancy teas for everyone and naturally everyone went to grab them, it is tea time after all. I told my mom it was a cost. He said no only nominal fee. Yes that is a cost. No just a nominal fee.

Whatever, no thanks.

He moved on to the next lady, same thing. My mom stepped in and let the lady know what I told her. He actually tapped my mom on the shoulder and shushed her and asked her to keep it to herself. Really.

She said no thanks.

The next table was not so lucky and there was quite a commotion when the free tea finally came out a good five minutes later. I could hear them upset that they were presented with no option but the upcharge tea like it was required. 

I also heard another lady upset she was being charged when you said no charge. He agreed, just a nominal fee. I'm not sure if his English is not good, or if this is a purposeful deception but it certainly seems intentional.

Very shady and not a good look. 

Otherwise I enjoyed the experience and would go again. Just beware of the tea pushers.

Ever since they changed the teas and started charging for the flavors, I started bringing my own.  I pack it anyway, so not a big deal.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Despegue said:

Get the maitre d’hotel involved, refuse to pay. Simple. 

I was fine waiting for free tea. The others who fell for it were causing quite a stir I wouldn't be surprised if they escalated it to the higher ups.

31 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Ever since they changed the teas and started charging for the flavors, I started bringing my own.  I pack it anyway, so not a big deal.

I'm not a big enough tea drinker to care what kind I drink. The free stuff is good enough for me.

• Like 5