Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

9 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

My heritage is Scottish but I certainly couldn't pull off a kilt.

Maybe a tshirt tuxedo?

On Venezia in Sept there were several kilt wearers. All about the same age - maybe when you get "there" you'll try a kilt and a tuxedo, just on different nights, lol.

20230921_212058.jpg

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

On Venezia in Sept there were several kilt wearers. All about the same age - maybe when you get "there" you'll try a kilt and a tuxedo, just on different nights, lol.

20230921_212058.jpg

I definetly won't be doing a kilt. Pants are bad enough, but a man skirt? I can't pull it off.

• Haha 11

18 hours ago, techteach said:

@jam19872016 I have had a blast following you on your journey and interacting with all of those posting. (I am getting a ribbing from my DH regarding the number of hours spent with coffee in my chair in the morning). I hope you will post something on the Cunard forum the next time you’re on board one of the Queens, even if it links back to another line. I bet if you started a Go Fund Me page many of us would contribute to buying, or renting, a tux for your next Cunard voyage because we really do want you to experience the special gala evenings. Hugs from Seattle.

Yep count me in! Great idea 

• Like 2

Good morning.

Today is our first of two final sea days back to Port Canaveral. 

I'm not sure how accurate it is but cruise mapper has our ETA listed at 918. Ummmm, if we're going to be late let's make it a whole day not a couple hours. 

Getting up to see what I can get into today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, chryso said:

What is inside?

You can customize it. I choose sausage, Mexican scrambled eggs, crispy potatoes, cheese, sour cream, and roasted tomato salsa. It came out very nice.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

I am a total lurker and just want to say first of all I am enjoying this review so much but also really liking the respectful exchange between Carnival/Cunard folk

Thanks for following along. Agree, everyone is friendly and it reflects the onboard environment on both cruise lines.

The journey cruises, the booze cruises have gotten a little out of hand lately 😆

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Thanks for following along. Agree, everyone is friendly and it reflects the onboard environment on both cruise lines.

The journey cruises, the booze cruises have gotten a little out of hand lately 😆

And I must say that the illustrious Jam is far more positive about Cunard than many people who travel regularly on the line and moan a lot about it in their posts.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Most of my jobs have paid me 😅

You would be paid, or at least rewarded, by your mother’s pleasure, our admiration, some nice food, and satisfaction at your own altruism. Oh, and you might find it amusing.

Who could resist?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And I must say that the illustrious Jam is far more positive about Cunard than many people who travel regularly on the line and moan a lot about it in their posts.

Same issue on the Carnival boards and you just wonder why they keep spending their money to come back. Thankfully they don't represent the majority. 

Just now, exlondoner said:

You would be paid, or at least rewarded, by your mother’s pleasure, our admiration, some nice food, and satisfaction at your own altruism. Oh, and you might find it amusing.

Who could resist?

Would you believe not one of my expenses accepts any of these as payment 😱 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

17 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Same issue on the Carnival boards and you just wonder why they keep spending their money to come back. Thankfully they don't represent the majority. 

Would you believe not one of my expenses accepts any of these as payment 😱 

The modern world is very cruel.🙁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2