Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

Wow  --  Finished my final binge...

I was hoping to finish before you were off the ship!

It appears I missed my goal by hours.

Thanks for taking us along on an amazing 5/6 cruises (depending on how you count QE) & your stay in Barcelona...

We LOVE Barcelona & have spent additional time there for our cruises starting & ending in Barcelona.

Love you have all this time to enjoy w/ your Mom.

3 of my sisters & I took Mom on her first & only cruise, JAN 2001, on the Celebrity Century. 

We had 2 connecting cabins & my youngest sister had her 10 month old son w/ her.

We created lifelong memories on that cruise!

Unfortunately Mom was never able to go on another cruise & we lost her in 2007.

However, she sure did recall & relive every memory from that cruise!

Enjoy the time together while you have it & we ALL are looking forward to living vicariously through you on your future cruises...

Cheers from Talkeetna - Von

• Like 8

11 hours ago, exlondoner said:

That’s OK then. I wonder what they use for room service.

The horror - epic fail!! We received NO s&p vessels this morning. DH even asked "what happened to the salt & pepper we used to get?" His eggs were eaten w/o seasoning.😪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

The horror - epic fail!! We received NO s&p vessels this morning. DH even asked "what happened to the salt & pepper we used to get?" His eggs were eaten w/o seasoning.😪

Did you ask for S+P? I never use the stuff (or eat eggs for that matter) so have never noticed whether it arrives or not. But I can see that in the Covid era they might have stopped delivering them unless requested to avoid extra cleaning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Did you ask for S+P? I never use the stuff (or eat eggs for that matter) so have never noticed whether it arrives or not. But I can see that in the Covid era they might have stopped delivering them unless requested to avoid extra cleaning.

Earlier in the summer, I had to have all my meals from room service for six days, because of Covid. As far as I can remember, cruets arrived with lunch and dinner, the glass sort, but not at breakfast. After it was over, despite the joys of choosing from the Grills menus rather than the room service one, I swore I would never eat a meal in the cabin again, even breakfast, unless I had to.

• Like 3

@jam19872016 I’m in the same boat as @princess76021. (I’ve set someone up for a joke) I’m on my second cup of coffee and missing the pictures of the various bars/clubs and songs being played last night as you hopped across the ship. Maybe you could post the song you’re listening to while showering this morning?

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, chryso said:

I am definitely going to miss you. 😘

@exlondoner, @techteach and I are active participants on the Cunard boards so come on over. Just be prepared for a group that is horrified by any change! 😉

In fact, take a Transatlantic crossing on QM2 and really immerse yourself into what Cunard is all about. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NE John said:

@exlondoner, @techteach and I are active participants on the Cunard boards so come on over. Just be prepared for a group that is horrified by any change! 😉

In fact, take a Transatlantic crossing on QM2 and really immerse yourself into what Cunard is all about. 

I came from the Cunard board.  I am just a newbie.  I had my first Cunard cruise last month (Med on the QE) and I joined the site shortly beforehand.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chryso said:

I came from the Cunard board.  I am just a newbie.  I had my first Cunard cruise last month (Med on the QE) and I joined the site shortly beforehand.

I trust you have the next one booked. 🙂 Mind you we booked a one-off holiday of a lifetime on QE2 (and Concorde) in 1997, and our bank balances have never been the same since.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I do not have a next one booked yet.  We are looking at an Alaska cruise next summer but have not yet decided. I began my cruising experience several years ago on Carnival but we both fell in love with Cunard.  We will definitely be back at some point soon.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, chryso said:

I do not have a next one booked yet.  We are looking at an Alaska cruise next summer but have not yet decided. I began my cruising experience several years ago on Carnival but we both fell in love with Cunard.  We will definitely be back at some point soon.

I’m on QE in Alaska for the June 21, 2024 voyage. 10 nights. I don’t want to go all the way there for a seven nighter. 
Come aboard!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE John said:

I’m on QE in Alaska for the June 21, 2024 voyage. 10 nights. I don’t want to go all the way there for a seven nighter. 
Come aboard!

That is the one we are looking at.  I will mention it on the Cunard board if we book.  The biggest question right now if we book it is, do we bring our youngest daughter, since she will be home from university at that time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chryso said:

That is the one we are looking at.  I will mention it on the Cunard board if we book.  The biggest question right now if we book it is, do we bring our youngest daughter, since she will be home from university at that time.

Why would you not? Would she ever forgive you?

• Like 3