Suite pricing

CCFC

I was on the phone to my favourite travel agent this afternoon enquiring about a suite on Arvia in 2025. I had looked a few prices up before ringing them so I knew what should be the pricing. The Select fare offered me a cabin I quite fancied so I went back to try the same cabin on early saver (about £1100 cheaper) and it wouldnt let me book it. Hence I rang the travel agent and she couldnt see it either. I was on the P&O website and tried an Early Saver fare but let P&O book the cabin number, this let me book what appeared to be the same cabin but you couldnt be sure though it looked like the last cabin on deck 9.

I mentioned this to the travel agent who I have usually had excellent service from, though never had this particular agent and she said if you book that on the P&O website as an early saver they will change the price to Select. I said if I pay a deposit on the price on the website they have to honour it. She said you cant book Early Saver Suites, I almost called her a liar and she got very aggressive saying she was right, no early saver suites. She then said she would ring P&O in the morning to see who was right.

I guess my question is do P&O offer some suites on Early Saver fares and others on Select fare only?

On a Select fare this cabin is available which I quite fancy:

image.png.6ff4cd80d8b22de85be9e0ca13bddac4.png

If I choose Early Saver this cabin comes up which I dont want as its on the promenade deck and you cant book a deck 9 suite

image.png.9bdb9c5c28ac5a2a9f3259faabbbad98.png

However if I go through let &O choose my cabin on Early Saver it doesnt give me the option to choose my cabin but does give me this option that I would think is the missing cabin

image.thumb.png.6510c62a782d9d7ba04fb9b709ae9ea6.png

Do P&O not let you book all cabins on an Early Saver fare, seems a bit sneaky to me if so.

Edited by CCFC
Double picture

10 minutes ago, CCFC said:

Do P&O not let you book all cabins on an Early Saver fare, seems a bit sneaky to me if so.

Booking a cabin is IMHO the only real perk of select fare. I didn't think it was possible to book a particular cabin on any type of saver fare.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, david63 said:

I feel sure that I have read before that there are no early saver fares for suites - probably due to the fact that there are not that many of them and they sell out fairly quickly on most ships/cruises

But the Prom deck cabins are hard to sell, so maybe that's why P&O are letting you book these at the early saver price?

On Early Saver you can book suites.

You can choose guarantee family suite - grade BA, guarantee Fwd/aft - grade B6/B5/B4. As there is only two BA grade, the system lets you choose it. Otherwise its on a guarantee.

If you choose select, you can choose any available specific suite.

• Like 3

If you book suite as an early saver, all you can guarantee is a suite, but not the grade of suite, so if you want e.g. aft suite on Arvia with big balcony, the chances of getting one of these is zero on a saver. If you like the less popular forward  suites then go for it.