Zumba Classes?

RenieRaider

I don’t know about Zumba classes but I did this cruise last year. It was one the best cruises I have been on.( have done 30) There was tai chi for free a couple of days on the top deck (it will be listed in the daily program) and I know they had some kind of exercise dance  class on the pool deck in the morning that might have been Zumba. I hope you have as much fun as I did. 

• Like 1

The closest thing to Zumba was the Aqua classes they had on the Solstice going out of Los Angeles last season. Really fun.  You could partake in the pool or on deck.  I haven’t come across a Zumba class in the gym in a very long time.  Wish they had them.

• Like 1

On the Eclipse in February they had a few "Fun Dance Classes" on the pool deck.  Even though they weren't called Zumba (I'm assuming some sort of trademark issue) the classes were basically Zumba classes.  Fun!  Not sure if any other ships do that.

If there is a certified Zumba instructor on board who is a part of the Celebrity Life Activities Team, then absolutely yes, there is Zumba on board and it is FREE.   I am a big Celebrity cruiser as well as a Zumba lover, so I can tell you that probably 25% of my 35 Celebrity cruises so far have been such that there is a certified instructor on the Celebrity Life Activities Team - that was great on a recent Edge TA!  However, if this happy intersection doesn't occur, then there is always a 'fun dance class', held on sea days - FREE - given by one of the Celebrity Life Activities Team members - which is not officially Zumba and varies in intensity depending upon the team member, but it is something and it's free and it's fun.  The classes held in the gym are altogether different and are put on by the gym staff who are NOT Celebrity employees.  The gym staff are sub-contractors.  SOME of the classes in the gym are free but most are not.  Check it out when you board, go into the gym on the first day and look at the offerings and see what you think.  Even if you sail Aqua Class, you only get a certain low number of classes for free in the gym and those that are paying full price get priority access to the classes.  

• Like 1