Hurricane Lee

Notcaptain4once

I doubt it'll get canceled- it's still going to be really far out at sea on Sunday. At best, you might get a revised itinerary. Consider yourself lucky! My cruise is supposed to sail 9/17 out of NYC up to New England and Canada. That's exactly the area Lee is supposed to be on those days.

• Like 1

We're booked to go on Mariner next Friday 9/15 to Bermuda and Bahamas. We're watching "Lee" closely...

Will be happy as long as we can get onboard and go anywhere. From Canaveral, we should have lots of options on an 8 day cruise. I'd love to go to Bermuda, but not willing to go into a hurricane to do so! 😉

18 hours ago, Notcaptain4once said:

We’re sailing Wonder on Sunday. Right now “wondering” what to expect. 
I hope it won’t get cancelled but at the same time wouldn’t care to cruise with two of the ports cancelled.

Anyone else taking a cruise to the Caribbean next week and what are your thoughts about it?

We are also boarding Wonder on Sunday. My guess is a re-route if anything. We won’t be canceled.

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

I am sailing on Carnival Venezia on Friday for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I’m guessing the ports may get changed but they wouldn’t cancel. I will just be happy to not have to cook or clean for a week lol 

I’ve been telling my wife the same thing for a month now.

2 hours ago, GrifCruiser said:

We are also boarding Wonder on Sunday. My guess is a re-route if anything. We won’t be canceled.

It’s gonna be a great time no matter where we end up!

Boarding day is my sons second birthday, can’t wait for him to see the boat and say “big boat” he loves going to the lake and every time he sees our boat he say “boat go in wawa dada put boat in Wawa” it’s so funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't they only completely cancel the cruise if the port of embarkation/debarkation was going to be severly impacted?  We leave on the Dream 9/9 headed for the Bahamas, and I bet our itinerary gets changed, depending on where Lee decides to travel.  No biggie - we'll just go with the flow.  Beats being at work!!!

We are leaving out of NYC next Wednesday to Bermuda - so we would be sailing right towards it!  I'm not sure where else they would send us - going to Canada would not help, as it would be right behind us, and have to deal with it to come home.  Does anyone know how far in advance the cruise lines make decisions on itinerary changes?  We are driving to the port, so really it is not that big of a deal to just go a different week if they give us the option

1 hour ago, dvan68 said:

We are leaving out of NYC next Wednesday to Bermuda - so we would be sailing right towards it!  I'm not sure where else they would send us - going to Canada would not help, as it would be right behind us, and have to deal with it to come home.  Does anyone know how far in advance the cruise lines make decisions on itinerary changes?  We are driving to the port, so really it is not that big of a deal to just go a different week if they give us the option

We are on the Caribbean Princess out of Quebec to NY on the 9th.  I'm not sure we can make it to NY without going through some of Lee.  Pretty hard to reroute.  Hoping it takes a big right turn out to sea!!

• Like 1

I have the same question about when we will know about itinerary changes. We leave from NYC on the 16th for St. John, New Brunswick and Halifax and Sydney, Nova Scotia.  We will check in to an airport hotel in STL on the 14th and flying out on the first flight on the 15th. If Carnival changes our itinerary to warmer ports I definitely will not need my sweat shirts and jeans. I’m not real sure where Venezia can port since it is new to the Carnival fleet.

Edited by bentleyboo2019
  • Like 1

Just got this ............

About Your Upcoming Travels 

Dear Guest,

Before we set sail for our Harmony of the Seas September 9th, 2023 sailing, we have an update to share.

Along with our Chief Meteorologist and nautical experts, we’re closely monitoring the development of Hurricane Lee and any potential impacts to our itineraries.

We’ll keep you updated every step of the way and will contact you and your travel partner directly by tomorrow evening, September 8th, 2023 once details are finalized.

Please know being onboard a ship is one of the safest places because we are faster and can move out of the way of any inclement weather. Your safety and well-being are always our highest priority.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

On 9/6/2023 at 4:52 PM, redsox1584 said:

I am sailing on Carnival Venezia on Friday for an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I’m guessing the ports may get changed but they wouldn’t cancel. I will just be happy to not have to cook or clean for a week lol 

We are also on the Venezia on Friday! Haven't received any updates yet but hope we can at least make it to one of the scheduled ports. See you on board redsox!

1 hour ago, back-at-it said:

Just got this ............

About Your Upcoming Travels 

Dear Guest,

Before we set sail for our Harmony of the Seas September 9th, 2023 sailing, we have an update to share.

Along with our Chief Meteorologist and nautical experts, we’re closely monitoring the development of Hurricane Lee and any potential impacts to our itineraries.

We’ll keep you updated every step of the way and will contact you and your travel partner directly by tomorrow evening, September 8th, 2023 once details are finalized.

Please know being onboard a ship is one of the safest places because we are faster and can move out of the way of any inclement weather. Your safety and well-being are always our highest priority.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

It's nice that RC has updated you already. We are leaving our house in about 12 hours and have not heard any updates from Carnival.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, noshoobie said:

We are also on the Venezia on Friday! Haven't received any updates yet but hope we can at least make it to one of the scheduled ports. See you on board redsox!

I got an email at 5:00 pm they are changing our itinerary it’s all Bahamas now. 

IMG_1518.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 7:23 AM, Cyn874 said:

I doubt it'll get canceled- it's still going to be really far out at sea on Sunday. At best, you might get a revised itinerary. Consider yourself lucky! My cruise is supposed to sail 9/17 out of NYC up to New England and Canada. That's exactly the area Lee is supposed to be on those days.

We’re also sailing out of NY to NE and Canada 9/16 (Silversea) and wishing and hoping Lee turns East onto the Atlantic.

• Like 1

Our Harmony 9/9 was just changed from Eastern ports to Western ports.

To ensure we have a safe and smooth journey, and to stay well away from Hurricane Lee’s path, we’ve adjusted our itinerary. We’ll now visit Costa Maya, Mexico on Day 5 and Cozumel on Day 6. Below, please find our revised itinerary.

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

09/09/23

Sat

Miami, Florida

4:30 PM

09/10/23

Sun

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

09/11/23

Mon

Cruising

09/12/23

Tue

Cruising

09/13/23

Wed

Costa Maya, Mexico

8:00 AM

09/14/23

Thu

Cozumel, Mexico

7:00 AM

09/15/23

Fri

Cruising

09/16/23

Sat

Miami, Florida

5:00 AM

We will be leaving Quebec tomorrow on the Caribbean Princess, but boarding today.  I'm sure there will be some talk about it!!

We go from Quebec to NY.  How do we avoid Lee and still get to NY?  Not a simple solution unless it goes way east or does completely.  They'll want to get the ship to NY, so do we skip all the ports and rush to harbor in NY or close by? Or do we stay in the St Lawrence and try to hunker down there?  This would definitely affect the next sailing. Any thoughts or ideas? Oh, we are supposed to be in NY the 19 th.

On 9/9/2023 at 8:39 AM, Deanne Willis said:

We will be leaving Quebec tomorrow on the Caribbean Princess, but boarding today.  I'm sure there will be some talk about it!!

We go from Quebec to NY.  How do we avoid Lee and still get to NY?  Not a simple solution unless it goes way east or does completely.  They'll want to get the ship to NY, so do we skip all the ports and rush to harbor in NY or close by? Or do we stay in the St Lawrence and try to hunker down there?  This would definitely affect the next sailing. Any thoughts or ideas? Oh, we are supposed to be in NY the 19 th.

On board CB now. Haven’t heard any news on what we will do in the coming days to avoid Lee. It looks like it will make landfall in Nova Scotia sometime next weekend. 

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.