Effective 10/4/23 Changes inc price Adjustments

MAXII

We have two "place holder" cruises booked in Aqua cabins (with AI automatically included) on the Beyond in April 2025. It will be interesting to see what actual fare changes for new bookings will occur on those cruises after Oct 4 and will they remain lower, or will they gradually increase back up to pre-Oct 4 rates.

I realize our bookings will not be altered unless we refare them. But it will be interesting to compare the before and after Oct 4 prices as time goes on.

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

According to what I read, just don’t change your reservation for any reason after the cutoff date. Rate adjustments and move ups are two mentioned as no nos.

That’s how I read it too🤨Grandgeezer.  My TA says don’t worry as did Celebrity when she talked to them and fellow cruisers say the same. I can’t amend my bid as it is locked and pending - also confirmed by Celebrity and my TA. I have screen shots of all communications. We’ll have to see what happens IF I score the upgrade and my previously included gratuity is dropped and I have a large $$$ charge in addition to my bid amount. I can’t help not trusting Celebrity these days😪 Just to remind anyone who is interested - We are currently in a SS and this is a bid on a higher category suite.

1 hour ago, sheeng said:

That’s how I read it too🤨Grandgeezer.  My TA says don’t worry as did Celebrity when she talked to them and fellow cruisers say the same. I can’t amend my bid as it is locked and pending - also confirmed by Celebrity and my TA. I have screen shots of all communications. We’ll have to see what happens IF I score the upgrade and my previously included gratuity is dropped and I have a large $$$ charge in addition to my bid amount. I can’t help not trusting Celebrity these days😪 Just to remind anyone who is interested - We are currently in a SS and this is a bid on a higher category suite.

How you read what?  The original post of this thread?  That is from a TA site and is not Celebrity.  A TA who posts here regularly and sat in on the Celebrity webinar announcing the changes has stated MoveUp is not affected.  Whatever perks you had on your  original booking are retained with the MoveUp program.   

Since you would be moving from suite to suite your gratuities will remain the same.   Anyone awarded a moveup from non-suite to suite is charged the DIFFERENCE in the gratuity rates.  This is the same as it has been since the start of MoveUp

Any reprice will be with the prevailing rates and the AI program details at the time.

Edited by wrk2cruise