See -Thru Dividers On Balcony Cabins?

suzadoll

Hi All,

I was just looking at some pics of the Connie from another thread and it looked like you are able to see-thru the Dividers on the Balcony Cabins! It looks like frosted glass, but you can still see-thru kind of blurry. Is this an optical illustion, or can you really see thru to the next balcony? Gee, I hope not I like to relax in the morning in my PJ"s and drink coffee out there.

Yes, they are opaque, and you can see "forms". Also, there is a little division of about 1 or 2" where if you really want to peek you can look through and see more!

If you want to sit out in your pj's and have coffee, just put on your white X robe. That's what we did. We had one of the corner FV's and people from above could also look down on us. It did not bother me at all.

We have not really been able to see the people next door. You might see a shadow but that is about it. It is not only frosted but also has some texture.

Just remember, there are angled balconies where people standing at the railing can see other balconies, as well as some balconies/decks that allow you to look down on other decks/balconies.

I am always careful about picking a balcony. Our first cruise on the Sapphire Princess, we chose carefully. When having my morning coffee on the veranda I like to wear less than my pj's and more than my birthday suit. :) For that reason we are careful about the view others will have. I would not want to scare somoene first thing in the morning!

hajekfem,

My cabin is right next door to an "angled balacony" . Does this mean the people on that balcony can look right onto my balcony area? That would not be great, especially when I like to star/moon gaze on a pretty night at sea.

Depends on where you are in relation to the angle - if you are in the cabin next to the small side, then yes, they can see your balcony. If your cabin is the larger side of the angle, then no. We book those angled balconies for the extra space.

Of course it means that those in the cabins between the two angled balconies can see our little corner that juts out.

If you are in a cabin such as 7080, you will be able to see right into the room of 7082 and possibly 7084. The balcony juts out on 7080 and if you stand out to the rail this will afford you the view.

Actually, you can see all the way down the side of the ship.

To be honest many of the cabins on ships have visibility problems. Many of the decks adjacent to the Glass Elevators can be viewed by the masses going up and down the ship. In addition decks adjacent to the Celebrity Suites can look into the living room and vis versa.

Grace and Jim

I really think these are design flaws then. Who does not want privacy on their balacony and for goodness sake their inside cabins? Not to mention you are paying up for that unwanted privlege. I have only been on Carnival Triumph, Costa Atlantica and RCL Explorer and all our balconies were private. Thanks for the info. I hope I do not have "nosey neighbors"

Lack of privacy really isn't that unusual. On many princess ships, very few of the balcony's have privacy. Many on this line are staggered step style so each level can be seen from the higher floors. I've seen similar issues on other lines.

It is a shame you discovered this at the last minute, when changes would be difficult. For next time there are lots of posts here detailing which cabins have the best features you're looking for - be it sun, shade, view, etc.

Don't let the need to wear a bath robe ruin your cruise - have a great time.

Archived