Cabin availability removed from Saga website?

Palmeat

Until yesterday, the Saga website revealed the number of available cabins, by category, for each future cruise. A neat way (I thought) to keep an eye on how your forthcoming cruise is filling up (or not!). So as an example our next cruise departs 13 November and had approx 145 standard cabins still available, plus other grades. As of yesterday this feature has been withdrawn. Anyone else noticed (or cares?)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Palmeat said:

Until yesterday, the Saga website revealed the number of available cabins, by category, for each future cruise. A neat way (I thought) to keep an eye on how your forthcoming cruise is filling up (or not!). So as an example our next cruise departs 13 November and had approx 145 standard cabins still available, plus other grades. As of yesterday this feature has been withdrawn. Anyone else noticed (or cares?)

Just looked at our cruise for Dec 2024 and it shows the cabins available for 2 to share but nothing for solo passengers (maybe nothing available). 

I care - I like to see what’s available and location 😀!

Thanks - perhaps it's just me or I have explained myself poorly. Sorry. When selecting a cruise and clicking on the green 'prices and availability' button, it shows each of the 'grades' (standard, deluxe etc)  and you can then drill down and check which specific cabins are available by grade, but.......alongside the original heading by grade it previously showed the total number of cabins still available so for example - 'Standard twin cabins - 145 available'. That's the bit of info I can no longer see - can you?

Just looked at my November 2023 cruise, 165 doubles and 30 singles available. So all working ok. 

My question these are cabins you can choose from. What is situation with guarantee cabins allocated on sailing. No idea how many. From above you could think that there is still space for 360 people to sell. So cruise no where near full. But could there be 164 unallocated  guarantee doubles and 29 unallocated  singles already sold with the cabins not allocated So available to choose from. So in reality ship is full. Or does it truly mean the ship is under 2/3rds full with 360 spaces. I hope the later as then no problem with space , speciality dining etc

Edited by Windsurfboy

5 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just looked at my November 2023 cruise, 165 doubles and 30 singles available. So all working ok. 

My question these are cabins you can choose from………… Or does it truly mean the ship is under 2/3rds full with 360 spaces. 

I’d not thought of that !  I do know that if I booked now, for a cabin of exactly the same grade, it would be significantly cheaper than what I paid earlier this year. This does seem to imply some level of urgency to sell on Saga’s part.

40 minutes ago, FannyLiz said:

I’d not thought of that !  I do know that if I booked now, for a cabin of exactly the same grade, it would be significantly cheaper than what I paid earlier this year. This does seem to imply some level of urgency to sell on Saga’s part.

Is that cheaper price on guarantee basis

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

Is that cheaper price on guarantee basis

I don’t think so. I went for a single cabin close to the one I had booked. I can’ t check as neither the website or the app seem to be working at the moment. I’ll try again later.

Thank you everyone for your responses. Looks like a mixed experience. The good news is following your tips I can now see the cabin availability when accessing the Saga website via Google Chrome rather than Apple Safari. A bit odd - but at least the stats are still currently available. This is helpful as like @Windsurfboy I'm hoping our cruise continues to be undersold.

We've already had our guarantee 'standard' cabin converted to an assigned G grade on A deck following a price reduction on the first 3-week leg; I'm following pricing closely for the back-to-back guarantee fortnight to see if something similar might be possible.

We are Saga virgins and looking forward to our inaugural experience.