Norwegian Air - Anyone Get "In Trouble" for Changing Flight 100 Days Out?

Victorious8

I was surprisingly sent my air confirmation for a cruise that is over 100 days out.  I was able to use the booking reference number from the email to add the flight to my rewards account for that airline.

I wasn't super stoked about my flight home so I decided to call the airline to request a different flight route home.  They said I could and that it would be allowing them to take over the reservation.  There was a charge about $25 each to make the change, I paid it and was sent an email with the updated reservation. 

I didn't really think about how it could impact the overall reservation for the cruise, but now I am a little concerned.  Anyone else have experience with this?  It is the flight home, not that I think the cruise would help me much if things went wrong, I would absolutely not expect their help (I have a day extra on the way and on the way home so I am not worried) - I just don't want to somehow screw up the cruise fare itself. 

Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest, you are pretty much in uncharted territory - since 100 days out is bizarre to begin with, as is the ability to make changes with the airline.

Since you have the ability to change your flights with respect to deviations 75 days out, I would be super hesitant to believe that your flight information is actually finalized.

Where I see a potential problem would be if the reservations are linked and NCL makes a change to the pre-cruise flight.

Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

To be honest, you are pretty much in uncharted territory - since 100 days out is bizarre to begin with, as is the ability to make changes with the airline.

Since you have the ability to change your flights with respect to deviations 75 days out, I would be super hesitant to believe that your flight information is actually finalized.

Where I see a potential problem would be if the reservations are linked and NCL makes a change to the pre-cruise flight.

Good luck!

She did say she got the email from NCL, so those appear to be her flights. I find it strange it's so early too. Usually the email means they are final, but who knows what could happen. 

Just now, Uff da said:

She did say she got the email from NCL, so those appear to be her flights. I find it strange it's so early too. Usually the email means they are final, but who knows what could happen. 

Yes, I realize they are the flights NCL has apparently booked.  But NCL - and/or the airline - have also been known to change flight info after sending out the initial flight info.  Had my flights changed 10 days before my trip once, due to an expected airline worker strike.  New booking was no longer connected to my original flight.

• Like 1

I am in a group for my flight and many people have posted they have received their flights.  In the group I am going with almost everyone has received flight info (and almost everyone has a unique deviation date). Maybe because it is the holidays and things are booking up they are getting them out fast.  

I spoke with my travel agent after the fact and they reached out to NCL who gave a non-answer and said something about someone may be penalized for doing this.  I am hoping nothing happens. I will try to remember to come back to update as things happen, or hopefully, don't happen. 

Alright - so it looks like I am being charged a fee because of the change in airport. When initially booking, the new airport was about twice as much as the one my family decided to go with (I was not privy to these decisions) so it looks that by switching one leg of the trip to the new airport I incurred a fee that seems close to the original increase in cost (though not exact).  I paid that fee and now I am hoping everything is okay!  I probably won't update unless something bad happens! 

Wait  - I guess I paid a 25% penalty of what my airfare costs was.  That is how the amount was figured. Interesting, still worth it to me to be home a few hours earlier. It also wasn't that much more than what I would have had to pay to get home from the airport. 

On 9/8/2023 at 3:51 PM, Uff da said:

Strange, I received my flight info for our 2025 repo cruise two days ago.  Is this unusual?  

2 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

NCL bogo, we received our april 2024 and the 2025 on the same day.  I thought it was way too far out to book flights for 2025

I'm guessing that's a mistake on NCL's end and you'll receive different tickets much closer to your cruises. I did receive my tickets about 90 days before my upcoming November cruise, but the general rule is 30 - 60 days prior to cruise date. Maybe NCL has some sort of arrangement with airlines that is allowing them to do better, but I have to imagine your tickets will change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

NCL bogo, we received our april 2024 and the 2025 on the same day.  I thought it was way too far out to book flights for 2025

The airline doesn't publish schedules that far in advance, so those must be placeholder flights.

Edited by sansroof
typo
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

Strange, I received my flight info for our 2025 repo cruise two days ago.  Is this unusual?  

Actual flight info or just a tentative flight confirmation, gateways and dates only. 

Seems they sent it out to everyone who booked with BOGO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sansroof said:

The airline doesn't publish schedules that far in advance, so those must be placeholder flights.

Mine, for April 2024 simply lists dates and gateways. No actual flight info.

And a notice to check the info, verify names match ID. 

25 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Actual flight info or just a tentative flight confirmation, gateways and dates only. 

Seems they sent it out to everyone who booked with BOGO.

Thank you so much.  I checked the email and indeed there are no specific flights mentioned, just tentative.  This is my first round with the BOGO process.  I need to pay closer attention!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I received flight emails for all of my future cruises that have the air promo attached, well into 2025. No new information was attached, just the airports I selected when I booked. I don't know if it was glitch or if they are reminding people of the information they have in place now instead of people trying to make changes once they get real notifications and it's too late to change anything. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hunnypi324 said:

I was wondering if I changed airports ny to nj will they charge me for tge difference. I'm over 200 days out

As long as you are before final payment you can make a gateway change.  If there is a price difference they will adjust your balance due accordingly.