WIFI- Value or Premium?

jdazzler15

Hi Everyone. I feel like I cannot figure out which package to get. I will not need streaming but I do need to be able to check my Ring/Next camera's as well as do some work while on board from my computer. I will be on Carnival Celebration. Not sure if I am supposed to get the Value or Premium package. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Value is worthless.  They actually restrict streaming sites.  I figured that speeds would be horrible, but I could at least download videos from YouTube for later viewing.  Nope.  That site doesn't work at all.

I was barely able to check e-mail.  I'll either go without or get premium in the future.

I get Premium for checking in on emails and work stuff.  My daughter gets the value and works good for her.  Also, my dog sitter has an I Phone so we were able to stay in contact that way.  My husband was texting his work with his I Phone and he didn't get the wifi program.  I don't understand it, but we were on airplane mode and no huge cell bill.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

We typically get the premium because there is very little difference in price from value to premium ($1.70 per day on our next cruise.)  We were just on Celebration and even with premium checking our security videos was slow at times.  Not really sure why because we were able to stream Braves games on the Bally sports app each day without any problems. We could also Facetime with our daughters and grands without any problems. We would recommend going with premium because the price difference really isn't that much and the quality is much better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We typically get the premium because there is very little difference in price from value to premium ($1.70 per day on our next cruise.)  We were just on Celebration and even with premium checking our security videos was slow at times.  Not really sure why because we were able to stream Braves games on the Bally sports app each day without any problems. We could also Facetime with our daughters and grands without any problems. We would recommend going with premium because the price difference really isn't that much and the quality is much better.

On my previous Carnival cruises pre-pandemic, when I got Internet, all but once I got the Value plan.  I thought it was a good value then.  The Social plan didn't cover enough sites for me (and still doesn't, but YMMV), streaming was only feasible on a few ships then, there was a $5-$10 difference per day between Value and Premium, and there wasn't that much difference in speed that I could perceive.

It's good to hear that a lot of this has changed, and so I've pre-ordered the Premium plan for my return to Carnival on the Magic in November.  If you ask nicely, I'll tell you guys how it went. 🙂

• Haha 1