Cruise Reviews By Vegans

CGTNORMANDIE

I’m just sounding off so I don’t care if anyone responds.  Why is it that almost every cruise review I’ve read recently is written by a Vegan or a Vegetarian.  Where food onboard is such a vital part of any cruise review all I read is how many vegan or vegetarian dishes were available.  With the huge effort made by the crew to supply each ship with an abundance of excellent dishes I really am not remotely interested in what is available on the vegan table in the buffet.  We need more reviews that delve into the available dishes on the buffet and in the MDR!  Foodies on CC unite!!!  

• Haha 1

As a semi-vegetarian, I've almost always enjoyed the veg dishes on cruises.  However, recent attempts to satisfy vegans has apparently led to non-meat dishes now being vegan only, not vegetarian, so no cheese or other dairy products, no eggs, etc.  Heavy on mushrooms, which I like, but..... 

I'm just not finding the current selections as satisfying as in the past.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

apparently led to non-meat dishes now being vegan only, not vegetarian,

That would be replicating the change on land based restaurant menus with businesses deciding that, as they need to include a plant based dish, it might as well be vegan so everyone can eat it. I'm fine with that - unless they include vegan "cheese" which is generally deeply unpleasant, in my experience. . 

• Like 1