Premium Plus Beverage Package

Markj

We have this on our current Prima cruise. I added it so there is no messing for premium cocktails and spirits and we got Starbucks and water.

When I read the package details I also saw it included certain bottles of wine in the restaurants. I'm sure I remembered on previous wine lists that these were highlighted. Or you could have wine by the glass as part of the package.

Last night in Le Bistro I looked through the wine list and could find no bottles highlighted. The Sommelier was really helpful though and he said on the Premium plus package you could have any of the listed wines by the glass and if you wanted a bottle of one of them they would just run 5 glasses through their system.

This was actually better for us as we like a mix of red white and rosé depending on what food we have ordered. So we had the best Riesling at 25 and the Tempranillo at 29! 

I think that works much better than having a bottle as the wine by the glass list is pretty extensive.

Has the plus package been updated recently

Edited by Markj
  • Like 1

• Markj changed the title to Premium Plus Beverage Package
2 minutes ago, Markj said:

I can't see the beverage packages online now as by cruise has started but I would be interested to see if the rules that the Sommelier applied are what NCL is actually selling???

(Most recent that I know of...)

ttps://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/790164-BEV_Package_Flyer_UOBP_PPBP Update_V7_no_crops.pdf 

The Sommelier can tell you whatever they want, due to the Disclaimers (tiny print at the bottom of flyer).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MiniJeffrey said:

Just off the Epic and wines by the bottle were easily available for P+. They told me all wines on the left side of the wine menu were included in the P+ as per bottle or per glass. 

Same on Escape. And any bottles on the right-hand page were discounted 20% ( although with a 20% gratuity added).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Number34 said:

We have P+ on our next sailing and, for me I find this a puzzling topic. If you can have as many glasses of any wine you want what is the advantage of having a bottle?

People take the unfinished bottle back to their cabin and drink it on the balcony. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yesimapirate said:

People take the unfinished bottle back to their cabin and drink it on the balcony. 

One of the things I heard they cracked down on is allowing people to take bottles back to the cabin. People reported that they were allowed to share with others at the table but not to take bottles back to the cabin. I had Premium Plus back in April and never ordered a bottle as I was cruising solo, but I got kind of annoyed that I couldn't get any type of champagne for the last three or four nights of the cruise.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if you order your bottle in the Haven restaurant if they'll simply drop off the unfinished bottle to the Haven bar.  Sounds like not, but in 12/2019 that's exactly what they did and the bartender tagged my bottle with my name for drinks in the lounge later. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 5:07 PM, Notamegagirl said:

Hello,

Considering premium plus for wine on upcoming sailing, any current wine lists available?  Any problems with availability of listed wines? Thank you!!

Post #75 here will give you a general idea but the wine list does change occasionally due to supply issues.

I always get the P+ package because I really don't like most of the wines on the regular list.