...will there be an Olympus TG7 ??

liamur14

😎 Love cruising to snorkel destinations, My TG5 died and have been waiting for the TG7? Hate to buy the TG 6 already 5 years old.

Any updates on the 7 ?? Fingers crossed!  I have the go pro 10 and the dome, need both. Cheers

Edited by liamur14
spelling

1 hour ago, liamur14 said:

😎 Love cruising to snorkel destinations, My TG5 died and have been waiting for the TG7? Hate to buy the TG 6 already 5 years old.

Any updates on the 7 ?? Fingers crossed!  I have the go pro 10 and the dome, need both. Cheers

Reports are that it will be announced on Sp 13th.

16 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

Thanks Crew News, disappointing to read the comments, doesn't look like any major changes other than logo brand. Maybe the price for the tg6 will come down...fingers crossed. I'll be watching.

Lots of wishes for new features may or may not be fulfilled.  Only some hands-on reviews will tell the real story.  As a many year Olympus shooter and not a snorkeler, I have no need for a TG7 but enjoy the quality of their products.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, eileeshb said:

I was checking glazers cameras in Seattle for some accessories and spotted they have the tg7 listed for pre-order but the specs look to be the same as it’s predecessor. 

Dpreview reports following:

So what's new? The top line features are a 'grippier' grip, a USB-C connector (for charging but not power), a 3" TFT display with more accurate color, interval and time-lapse modes, and support for the RM-WR1 weatherproof wireless remote. Support for vertical video has also been added.

The TG-7 also offers a new 'construction' scene mode that can automatically remove dust from photos, brighten dark pictures, take stitched panoramas, and capture photos of blueprints or whiteboards.