Beer question

we3k9

I have never been a beer drinker so slti have been on many cruises I always drink the frozen fancy drinks.  My cousin and niece are beer drinkers.  So I would like to know how they serve the beer. Is it can? Bottle ? And are they nice and cold ? Nobody likes a warm beer.  I don’t think they drink draft beer on tap.  

• Like 1

Cans. The coldness depends on if they've restocked recently (not so cold) or  not(cold). They also have draft beers 🍻

19 minutes ago, we3k9 said:

I have never been a beer drinker so slti have been on many cruises I always drink the frozen fancy drinks.  My cousin and niece are beer drinkers.  So I would like to know how they serve the beer. Is it can? Bottle ? And are they nice and cold ? Nobody likes a warm beer.  I don’t think they drink draft beer on tap.  

They have cans. The coldness factor depends on how long since they've restocked it. The draft beers are usually always cold. 

35 minutes ago, we3k9 said:

I think it might have been vista that makes beer onboard. They sell growlers which apparently are larger containers for draft beer. Drink faster to keep it from getting warm? Idk. I'm also not a beer drinker. Carnival has it's own beer they make on a few ships. 

Edited by firefly333

5 hours ago, Indiansbaseball said:

They have nice cold draft beer as well as cans. They put them in on ice if you order them in a bucket. 

The last two European cruises I did on the Pride (Sept 22, July 23) had no draft beer at all. They had a wide variety of canned beers.

13 hours ago, pppiglet said:

Panorama has a great selection of beers!  The brewery on board sold bottles of beer also.  

The craft beer on tap (Carnival's) tasted stale to me so I drank cocktails instead when we were on the Radiance. 

Just curious,  how do you tell if beer is stale?

The best way to buy beer on board is by the bucket (assuming you don't have Cheers).

You get 6 sealed, canned beers for $6 off, in an ice filled bucket.  Staff all over the ship seems pretty willing to refill the ice if it melts as well.  I'd buy by the bucket, then carry it around the ship until I was out.  If I wasn't drinking heavily, it could last a few days, with the occasional ice refill.  

• Like 3