Transportation to port LAX

Ricks

We are on the NCL bliss in November In Los Angeles. We are flying in the day before getting in around 11pm, so we are just staying in an airport hotel. Just trying to figure out in the morning transfers to port. All the different ways are Uber, shuttle company (I have check a few but on pricey side) or taxi which who knows what that will cost. I was thinking and also read that some have taken shuttle back to airport from hotel and took the cruise ship shuttle ( $25 each) to the port in the morning.

I guess my question what have you all done?

Edited by Ricks

I usually go back to the airport and meet the NCL Shuttle at the baggage claim area of my airline.  A couple of times, the NCL Shuttle picked me up at the partnership hotel.

As a solo "Senior Citizen" type passenger, this works best for me.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites LAX South this past April. We took an Uber to the port. There were four of us, so we needed a larger Uber, but it was definitely more convenient than dragging luggage back to the airport to go on the NCL shuttle. I don’t recall how much we paid because my in-laws paid for the Uber, but it was cheaper than if the four of used the NCL shuttle. 

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

I usually go back to the airport and meet the NCL Shuttle at the baggage claim area of my airline.  A couple of times, the NCL Shuttle picked me up at the partnership hotel.

As a solo "Senior Citizen" type passenger, this works best for me.

So when you add the transfer in your NCL account, you just add a flight number of the day of going to the ship, not the one we originally came on the night before?

12 minutes ago, Ricks said:

So when you add the transfer in your NCL account, you just add a flight number of the day of going to the ship, not the one we originally came on the night before?

Yes add a morning arrival time for the day of the cruise on a major airline. Then next day go to the Baggage Claim area for that airline.

Just make sure the hotel has reliable shuttle service.  Read their reviews for that topic.

in regards to @www3traveler we book through NCL so we don’t have a TA.

Edited by laudergayle

4 minutes ago, Ricks said:

No, my travel agent just booked a transfer for the morning of the sailing.  He got instructions of what time to meet and where-- baggage claim carousel number-- Alaskan Carousel #4 9:00 A.M.  Transportation personnel are really easy to find.

5 hours ago, Ricks said:

We are on the NCL bliss in November In Los Angeles. We are flying in the day before getting in around 11pm, so we are just staying in an airport hotel. Just trying to figure out in the morning transfers to port. All the different ways are Uber, shuttle company (I have check a few but on pricey side) or taxi which who knows what that will cost. I was thinking and also read that some have taken shuttle back to airport from hotel and took the cruise ship shuttle ( $25 each) to the port in the morning.

I guess my question what have you all done?

Check out Skyline Shuttle Express. https://skylineshuttleexpress.com/.  Reasonable rates and all rides are private. 

On 9/9/2023 at 6:05 PM, laudergayle said:

Yes add a morning arrival time for the day of the cruise on a major airline. Then next day go to the Baggage Claim area for that airline.

Just make sure the hotel has reliable shuttle service.  Read their reviews for that topic.

in regards to @www3traveler we book through NCL so we don’t have a TA.

Thanks for the reply on that….. seems like that will be the route I go unless I find something better

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ricks said:

Thanks for the reply on that….. seems like that will be the route I go unless I find something better

Just Uber from the hotel. On a Sunday it should be $40-50 and no hassle getting back to the airport to cram on a bus and wait until it loads with people from different terminals.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Just Uber from the hotel. On a Sunday it should be $40-50 and no hassle getting back to the airport to cram on a bus and wait until it loads with people from different terminals.

Well, being cruise departure day, would it be tough to get a Uber? I seem to like the idea of just grabbing a Uber at hotel, shuttle back to LAX and using a transfer….. but the good part of it, you know it will be there for the time you want

6 minutes ago, Ricks said:

Well, being cruise departure day, would it be tough to get a Uber? I seem to like the idea of just grabbing a Uber at hotel, shuttle back to LAX and using a transfer….. but the good part of it, you know it will be there for the time you want

In LA? Not even.