Galveston Gurus

BayouGirlUSA

We'll be taking our first cruise out of Galveston April 2024 on Carnival Jubilee.  My question is about Port parking.  Do any of you seasoned Galveston Port cruisers recommend a time frame on booking parking at the Port?  I would like to book in advance but is there a need to worry about booking too late?  Thanks to all for any info you can give or tips. 

We have used the Port Parking about 6 times.  My wife and I always choose the cheaper parking at Lot B.  It is about 4 blocks away from the Carnival ships and on the other side of the street.  There is no easy way to walk from the lot because of the lack of sidewalks.

However, they have a very efficient shuttle system with lots of buses running.  They pick you up quickly and, more importantly, they will have a line of buses waiting when you debark....and close to where you exit.

They have an easy to navigate website that will ask for your ship and date of sailing.  If you look for a coupon or promo code, they almost always have a $5 or $10 discount.  

If I recall, they will ask for your arrival time and only offer 12 noon as an option.  I called when we first parked there and the agent said that's on all parking reservations but you can show up anytime you want.  We showed up at 10 am and it was no problem.

Lastly, I've never seen the more economy lot sell out and we've booked last minute a couple of times.  I think you're good whenever you want to reserve.

Hope you have a great time.

Edited by JCrewz
Omitted word
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We used EZ Cruise Parking for years; it's family-owned outdoor parking a couple blocks away. They run a shuttle back and forth and handle the luggage. We only stopped using them when we started to fly. Excellent service. My husband used to book parking, I think, when we booked the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1