Price is right on Prima

katykrol

We are going to be sailing in the Prima in January for my husbands birthday. He watches the Price is Right every day at home. I’ve read a little bit about it in the boards but I don’t know how you get selected to be a contestant. That would make his year if he would be selected. Can anyone help me understand the process?  Thanks! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The P said:

When you reserve your ticket on board, you tell them you'd like to be a contestant. The players are picked from that group.

Wow, who knew!!!  I wish we would have known that tidbit.  We were told it was random so be sure to have your key card scanned upon entrance. Needless to say we weren’t called as contestants.  

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

We were told it was random so be sure to have your key card scanned upon entrance.

That is what I was told when they gave me the name tag, contestant are selected random from all that checked into the theater.

• Like 1

You're explaining it better than I did. You have to have a rezzie and show up and get scanned. When I asked I was told they choose but never got the random word. However it works, as I waited in line, there were people by me who said they took the cruise just to play the game. Random must be right. A kid got selected when I was there and his father had to join him on stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ggTexasGal said:

Bummer - but thanks for that link!  It will be our first NCL cruise in over 15 years.

Looks like we will have a couple of other game shows anyway. Like many, always partial to Price is Right though. We did make it to the show with Drew Carey a few years ago. Guy beside was "called down" and made it to the showcase which he lost. Was great fun 😃

• Like 2

i said this about the show in my prima review, but here it is again:

when you are randomly called, they use the name as shown in their database and on your room key card. and since NCL almost always uses your middle name (if provided), they call all three names. the net effect was that it sounded like all the contestants were assassins!

“lee harvey oswald, come on down, you’re the next contestant on the price is right!”

”mark david chapman, let’s play plinko!”

• Haha 6

On 9/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, laudergayle said:

Wow, who knew!!!  I wish we would have known that tidbit.  We were told it was random so be sure to have your key card scanned upon entrance. Needless to say we weren’t called as contestants.  

It is random from everyone that signed in to the theater. No "contestant pool"

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 6:29 PM, katykrol said:

We are going to be sailing in the Prima in January for my husbands birthday. He watches the Price is Right every day at home. I’ve read a little bit about it in the boards but I don’t know how you get selected to be a contestant. That would make his year if he would be selected. Can anyone help me understand the process?  Thanks! 

You can reserve one show (which you should do quickly if it is a priority). And then just go stand-by for the second show that night. The games will be different and you will have a chance to get called twice. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The games will be different and you will have a chance to get called twice. 

i saw the show twice, although on two different cruises. the games (and the prreshow, the jokes, the patter and the “ad libs”) were identical. what was different were the gifts and the associated prize values that contestants had to guess.

On 9/11/2023 at 10:33 AM, BirdTravels said:

You can reserve one show (which you should do quickly if it is a priority). And then just go stand-by for the second show that night. The games will be different and you will have a chance to get called twice. 

How do you reserve a spot?

On 9/11/2023 at 3:48 PM, PhillyTravelBug said:

It was a lot of fun. The lady behind me got picked for the showcase showdown.  I thought I heard press your luck may be on future ships?

Press Your Luck is showing under the Entertainment section for my  Viva cruise. Will find out for sure if able to reserve at 21 days out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Press Your Luck is showing under the Entertainment section for my  Viva cruise. Will find out for sure if able to reserve at 21 days out. 

How fun!!  I like game shows,,regardless of whether you’re a contestant or an audience member.  I like them much more when you don’t have to pay to be a potential winner, like Deal or Bingo.

Edited by laudergayle