HOTELS AND MAP

NRichard10

Hi All,

Looking forward to taking our cruise out of Galveston. First time sailing out of Galveston.

Looking for some hotel recommendations for the night before cruise.

I am very confused with all the different "areas" or "communities" in and around Galveston and I am not sure of the best place to be looking for our stay.

We are landing in Houston Hobby at 12:00pm so we will only have about 1/2 day for sightseeing, but we would like to be able to explore Galveston as much as we can for the amount of time we have there. Obviously, we don't want to be too far away from the Port.

Some nice, but not overpriced restaurant recommendations would be appreciated too.

I am also looking for a map of the Galveston area so we can see the different communities and location of the Port. I have looked online, but I haven't really seen one that really gives you a good view of the different areas. 

If anyone has a link for a good map that I can print out, I would greatly appreciate it.

😎

Post on Gulf Coast Departures for more information.

Galveston is an island, 32 miles long and 2 miles wide at its widest..

Any hotel on Seawall Blvd east of 61st St. is only minutes to the port.

Two hotels downtown, The Tremont and Harbor House.

RCL pier entrance is at 14th and Harborside.

Lots of local great restaurants.

Many maps available through Google search.

Check out visitgaleston.com 

On 9/10/2023 at 9:18 AM, NRichard10 said:

Hi All,

Looking forward to taking our cruise out of Galveston. First time sailing out of Galveston.

Looking for some hotel recommendations for the night before cruise.

I am very confused with all the different "areas" or "communities" in and around Galveston and I am not sure of the best place to be looking for our stay.

We are landing in Houston Hobby at 12:00pm so we will only have about 1/2 day for sightseeing, but we would like to be able to explore Galveston as much as we can for the amount of time we have there. Obviously, we don't want to be too far away from the Port.

Some nice, but not overpriced restaurant recommendations would be appreciated too.

I am also looking for a map of the Galveston area so we can see the different communities and location of the Port. I have looked online, but I haven't really seen one that really gives you a good view of the different areas. 

If anyone has a link for a good map that I can print out, I would greatly appreciate it.

😎

I dont have a map but I'm sure google does. The streets are laid out by number and alphabetical. 

I would stay along seawall .. and walk along that area. There is a trolley but so many will be walking there really isnt a good place to park. Quality inn is at seawall and 61th and inexpensive and not too bad.

The pleasure pier is mid sea wall and the center of the hotels and the closer generally the more they cost. Call uber to get to the pier. As low as about $10 but for a bigger car can run more. Its about 3 miles to the terminal, too far to walk

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont have a map but I'm sure google does. The streets are laid out by number and alphabetical. 

I would stay along seawall .. and walk along that area. There is a trolley but so many will be walking there really isnt a good place to park. Quality inn is at seawall and 61th and inexpensive and not too bad.

The pleasure pier is mid sea wall and the center of the hotels and the closer generally the more they cost. Call uber to get to the pier. As low as about $10 but for a bigger car can run more. Its about 3 miles to the terminal, too far to walk

Thank you very much for all the info!