Turkish Air

flare3192

I’ve read several reports/feedback on various sites now regarding TA. It seems that their economy may be lacking in comparison to others. However, it does seem that their BC experience is quite impressive….the deal is you most likely will always be routed through IST, with a very long layover in one direction….usually it seems headed back to the States. Apparently they will allow for no extra charges if you decide to stay over and explore IST. That or you spend the night on many itineraries. So if that is of interest, it could be an enticing carrot. 

10 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I’ve read several reports/feedback on various sites now regarding TA. It seems that their economy may be lacking in comparison to others. However, it does seem that their BC experience is quite impressive….the deal is you most likely will always be routed through IST, with a very long layover in one direction….usually it seems headed back to the States. Apparently they will allow for no extra charges if you decide to stay over and explore IST. That or you spend the night on many itineraries. So if that is of interest, it could be an enticing carrot. 

We are flying from Amman to Seattle in January on TA. No extra charge for a 2-day layover in Istanbul on the way home.

20 minutes ago, SJD117 said:

We are flying from Amman to Seattle in January on TA. No extra charge for a 2-day layover in Istanbul on the way home.

I am seeing these options. We loved Istanbul, but do not really have extra time on this trip. It’s a really great idea and option if it works!

4 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I am seeing these options. We loved Istanbul, but do not really have extra time on this trip. It’s a really great idea and option if it works!

If you are flying business, the lounge in Istanbul is very good

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SJD117 said:

So we’ve heard. We plan to enjoy it!

Be aware that there is only beer and wine served in the lounge, so if you want some Turkish raki while passing through you will need to find a bar in the airport area outside the lounge.  But come hungry - the food is plentiful, varied and good.