entertainment question - odyssey of the seas

question221

We did the Royal Up and got upgraded to a Grand Suite - 1 bedroom.  Very excited.  So, now we are wondering how to sign up for entertainment.  We are not sure what shows will be onboard and we are novice cruisers.

We will have concierge service and somewhere I saw that the concierge contacts us before the cruise to get things set up.  Is that correct?

Any help on procedures would be great.  Also, how do I find out what shows will be playing on board.

Thx

The only show to book is in 270 called the "The Book". Everything else on Odyssey is first come first served.  The big show to see is "The effectors". I quite liked it. Very impressive tech... 

Edit:  Concierge can make CK reservations for you though and book any specialty dining you may purchased with a dining plan.

Concierge will email about a week out from embarkation.

Edited by Tree_skier

3 hours ago, question221 said:

Thanks for that info.  Did I see that there is some special seating in the theater if you have a suite?  Would that make it more likely we could get in when we wanted to see the show? 

Yes there is special seating for suites in the main theater but we never had any trouble getting seating in there on Odyssey any of the show we attended.  I don't think that that is true in 270 for "The Book" though.  We weren't in a suite when we were on Odyssey so I might be mistaken.  Also, the music hall has no reserved seating.  That is all FCFS.