New Magens Bay Concessions Contract.

TTEllis

2 hours ago, Ms411 said:

Magens is using local food trucks temporarily. Hot On The Spot is a VERY popular food truck that was there the other day, and he quickly sold out of some items. He has a day job so it wasn't convenient for him to do Magens on short notice. My sources say governor called and begged him to go.

A smoked meat truck was there the other day. Not a regular local food vendor. I like the idea of food trucks at the beaches, but that's not the permanent plan, unfortunately.

A friend saw the menu from new concessionaire, and she said it was basic, limited, and had pizza slices. That disappointed me.😢

I love food truck food!! 

We've discussed this before in my case I'll never go back to Magens Bay without my own softsided cooler full of my own beer. I'll take my own trash bag and haul the empty's out on the way back to the ship. 

BYOB at Magens saves ALOT of hassle all the way around. You can walk down the beach keep walking set your junk down, don't have to worry about walking all the way back to the bar and getting another beer. Never again will I plan any trip to a beach wherever it may be without bringing my own softsided cooler with my own beer. 

Oh yeah I almost forgot a 6-pack on a beach in the Caribbean just piss ya off.

I highly recommend 3, 6-packs. 

1, 6-pack is just for the ride down into Magens in a Safari Van🥴😲. Trust me your going to need it. The other 2, 6 packs are for your day on the beach. 

Softsided backpack cooler.😎🌟🌟🌟🌟😎

Twist up a couple of tree limbs.

Sit down on the end of Magens and live life like it was meant to be lived. 

Thanks Ms411 for the heads up. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 4:11 PM, TTEllis said:

I love food truck food!! 

We've discussed this before in my case I'll never go back to Magens Bay without my own softsided cooler full of my own beer. I'll take my own trash bag and haul the empty's out on the way back to the ship. 

BYOB at Magens saves ALOT of hassle all the way around. You can walk down the beach keep walking set your junk down, don't have to worry about walking all the way back to the bar and getting another beer. Never again will I plan any trip to a beach wherever it may be without bringing my own softsided cooler with my own beer. 

Oh yeah I almost forgot a 6-pack on a beach in the Caribbean just piss ya off.

I highly recommend 3, 6-packs. 

1, 6-pack is just for the ride down into Magens in a Safari Van🥴😲. Trust me your going to need it. The other 2, 6 packs are for your day on the beach. 

Softsided backpack cooler.😎🌟🌟🌟🌟😎

Twist up a couple of tree limbs.

Sit down on the end of Magens and live life like it was meant to be lived. 

Thanks Ms411 for the heads up. 

That’s exactly what I did when staying on the island BYOB.  Not exactly the easiest if you’re there for the day on a cruise ship.  Can be done. Walk off the ship with cooler, somehow find a place selling beer and ice…get a cab to the beach.   Again, sounds easy, but…

In the Caribbean and on St. Thomas the key is the right cooler. I have several that will suffice but I'm still looking for the exact one I want I think I found it. 

There's a liquor store at the Crown Bay Marina, sells everything.

There's a liquor store at Havensight, I've bought beer here many times it's the first thing I do when I get off the ship is grab a couple of brewskis and work the cobwebs out from the previous evening on the ship.

If you go in town you can stop in Riise and get liquor too. No shortage of places to get something to drink whatever it may be. 

Nope it's not easy but it certainly beats the hell out of driving around in the back of a taxi or sitting down at the end of Magens or Trunk Bay dying of thirst with nothing to drink and a half a mile walk to get something to drink in 85 degrees heat and relentless sunshine. 

There are a few islands I won't go back too unless I carry some type of small cooler with me. For me I'm done worrying about where I'm going to find something to drink in the Caribbean altogether.