Internet package riddle for Elites and up

Mr. Click

On our July cruise to Bermuda we bought one premium wifi package to share but since we are both elite we should also get 90 minutes free....I used my wife's free 90 minutes while she used the purchased package that was in my name.  Once the 90 minutes were gone I tried to use my own 90 minutes only to be told that once you activate the purchashed package the 90 minutes is voided.  That would be all well and good IF ihad used the Captains Club discount but the July 4 sale was cheaper so I did not use the CC benefit.....so my question is how can I manage to have one of us use all 180 "free" minutes and the other use the unlimited package?  If I buy a package during one of the sales and cannot use the CC discount too isn't that a bit unfair?  

Fair or not, it is what it is.  The way to use all the free minutes would have been for you to use your minutes and she use her minutes before activating the package.  I don't believe you have to activate your package immediately when you board.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

On our July cruise to Bermuda we bought one premium wifi package to share but since we are both elite we should also get 90 minutes free....I used my wife's free 90 minutes while she used the purchased package that was in my name.  Once the 90 minutes were gone I tried to use my own 90 minutes only to be told that once you activate the purchashed package the 90 minutes is voided.  That would be all well and good IF ihad used the Captains Club discount but the July 4 sale was cheaper so I did not use the CC benefit.....so my question is how can I manage to have one of us use all 180 "free" minutes and the other use the unlimited package?  If I buy a package during one of the sales and cannot use the CC discount too isn't that a bit unfair?  

It’s just the way it’s set up.  Use free minutes before you use package minutes.  But it means that you can’t activate your plan immediately -and there’s really no way to transfer your minutes to your spouse right away.

Edited by cruisestitch

I have strenuously objected to Celebrity’s practice of forcing one to use the Captain’s Club minutes first on previous cruises. It effectively means we cannot take full advantage of a Captain’s Club benefit that we have earned or something we have paid for. The basic Internet was part of our All Included fare. The CC minutes allow us to video call with our grandchildren so we like to use them bit by bit during our cruise.
It has been possible for the onboard Internet staff to set up my internet account such that I could choose between my CC minutes or (in my case) the basic Internet. They first said they couldn’t do it but they could. They just had to select a different field from a drop down box in the software on their device.
This is another example of the Captain’s Club benefits being eroded away and we should object to it.

I  used the  ‘We would like to hear from you’ QR code to voice my opinion and they gave me what I wanted.
Cheers!

1 hour ago, mike26 said:

I have strenuously objected to Celebrity’s practice of forcing one to use the Captain’s Club minutes first on previous cruises. It effectively means we cannot take full advantage of a Captain’s Club benefit that we have earned or something we have paid for. The basic Internet was part of our All Included fare. The CC minutes allow us to video call with our grandchildren so we like to use them bit by bit during our cruise.
It has been possible for the onboard Internet staff to set up my internet account such that I could choose between my CC minutes or (in my case) the basic Internet. They first said they couldn’t do it but they could. They just had to select a different field from a drop down box in the software on their device.
This is another example of the Captain’s Club benefits being eroded away and we should object to it.

I  used the  ‘We would like to hear from you’ QR code to voice my opinion and they gave me what I wanted.
Cheers!

RCI gives you free days instead of minutes, my WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is that X will change from minutes to days

2 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

RCI gives you free days instead of minutes, my WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is that X will change from minutes to days

CAS Diamond gets 1 day and Diamond + gets 2 days. Once you are logged in the clocks doesn't stop even when logged off. CC Elite and Elite minutes are better as you are only charged when you are logged in. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

I would try to start w your free minutes, but just logon for a minute, then log off. Then try your package. Then hopefully you can toggle which you want to use going forward. That worked for me in Feb.  I was told you need to log on to your free minutes first (just short time), so they don’t disappear.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

They had better not. X's minutes is much more versatile and even on 15 night cruises with lots of sea days we have never used all our free minutes. Everything is prepared off line, press send, wait for incoming to download (usually finished while sending) log off. Repeat twice a day. Use one package at a time.

We are currently on Beyond… our first Celebrity cruise but we are elite due to RCCL Diamond status.

We used our basic WiFi first and after a few days asked for our 90mins to be activated… there were no issues with that and I currently switch between the basic and Elite so have not used all the Elite minutes first 

4 hours ago, dino1037 said:

We are currently on Beyond… our first Celebrity cruise but we are elite due to RCCL Diamond status.

We used our basic WiFi first and after a few days asked for our 90mins to be activated… there were no issues with that and I currently switch between the basic and Elite so have not used all the Elite minutes first 

Is there any difference in performance between basic and premium WiFi that you can tell?