For Cruises from NY/NJ, which Cruise Line is best for New England and Canada cruises?

Happytime22

21 minutes ago, Happytime22 said:

Thinking about a cruise to these areas for my wife and I.  Not like normal cruises we go on (with two boys in their late teens and 20's) this one is more about ^0-somethings?

I would tell you which cruise line would be best. As everyone likes different things about cruise ships. 

He have done a 23 night transatlantic with Princess cruises with stop over in NY. Other ports being Boston Bar Harbor,Sydney, Quebec City Chartlottetown and Halifax. We really enjoyed this cruise the longest we have done. So are going again this year. No stop over in NY but one in Quebec city overnight. 

Next year they are doing a 31 night one which does overnight in NY. If it is something you are interested in. 

Hope more people get back to you about other cruise lines so you get more of an idea.

Linda

Thanks... we have such a limited view of cruises so far as we usually cater to the kids.  Really want a more 'adult' experience.  Love Broadway shows, food, games, and sitting by the pool.  Excursions want to hit the historic areas.

Been on Carnival once... didn't like it, RCL and NCL and found the two great.  NCL Prima looks good and RCL Celebrity might be an option.  Outside of that.... looking for advice, as above about Princess!

There is no best  just lines that work better for your wants/needs budget

Look at some premium or Luxury lines   if your budget  can stretch a bit

Go for the itinerary that works for the ports you want to see

May want to look at cruises that go in the spring rather this time of year  where hurricanes can put  a damper on your plans

Enjoy whatever cruise you choose

You may want to consider Cunard Queen Mary 2 out of NYC.  She does some great Canada/New England sailings.  The only thing to consider is it a more formal cruise line and does adhere to the dress code.  I know it is too close but they have a great sailing leaving NY on September 29, 2023.  It is going to Halifax, Saguaney, Sept-Iles, 2 nights in Quebec City, Boston and returns to NYC for a 14 night sailing.  You would also be able to end this in Quebec if you only wanted to 7 nights.  If you are interested in seeing Europe, QM2 is a good choice for a crossing to Southampton.  Once in Southampton, you can get on another ship or sometimes she does a trip to Germany, Belgium, LeHavre.  In May I did a sailing on her to Southampton, the Norway Fjords and returned to NYC for 26 days.  It was wonderful to see all these ports and not have to pack and unpack.  Enjoy what ever you decide.

• Like 2