adventure of seas questions.. 1st time cruisers

unit35

I've seen a lot of questions regarding formal nights on the ship? does adv. of the seas have this? how many nights? when we get on the ship should we try to plan each day ahead of time right away? i am worried that we won't know what to do on each island! also read about the Compass?? what is this?

AOS has 2 formal nights. You can eat in the buffet if you want to skip them,.

The Compass is a little newsletter that tells you all the activities, etc on the ship each day. It gets delivered each night.

You really don't have to plan every minute. You can look at excursions on RCCL's site before you go. Or, you can just read up on the ports and see if there is something that interests you.

AOS was our 1st cruise and it was wonderful! What route are you doing? I have Compasses from the Aruba route in 2004. I can copy them and mail them to you if you want. Let me know if you have other questions.

Having just returned from our second trip aboard the Adventure (03/05-03/12) I can offer the following:

Adventure currently has two formal nights. They are the "at sea" days Monday & Thursday.

Check out the port of call boards for specific info on each island you'll visit. Also go to rccl.com and check out the info and shore excursions available through the cruise line. You will definitely find something or many things you'll want to see and do. Remember to try not to do everything or you'll wear yourseves out. Save stuff for your next cruise, and yes, there will absolutely be a "next" cruise.

The "Compass" is a newsletter which will appear in your cabin each night and will detail all the things going on the following day. (ie - shows, drink specials, games, etc). The "Compass" will also include a little map of the shopping areas near the port and other useful information.

Remember to relax and enjoy yourself.

There have been several AOS reviews lately. You could search AOS or Adventure and find them. They will give you lots of ideas on how others have enjoyed their time. I would suggest you get a general idea of what you would like to do at each port before you leave (ports of call boards, rccl's site on excursions as others have suggested). I think if you go cold, you may spend too much time planning and not enough time enjoying!

Archived