If you have Plus Fare and win upgrade cabin bid, do you keep Plus package?

Tcat999

The FAQ for the upgrade bid says you keep all your current "promotions", but it's not clear if an original booking of a Plus Fare is considered a promotion.  I currently have an inside cabin and I bid for an ocean view cabin.  But if I don't get to keep my Plus package (drinks, wi-fi, etc) with it, it's not a good deal.  Thanks.

FWIW our daughter put in an upgrade bid for $1450 pp from a Reserve Collection mini suite to a Penthouse cabin on their 17-day CB land cruise and just got notified 30 days before the land portion of the cruise starts that she won the bid. The minimum bid was $1000 in case anyone is interested. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

FWIW our daughter put in an upgrade bid for $1450 pp from a Reserve Collection mini suite to a Penthouse cabin on their 17-day CB land cruise and just got notified 30 days before the land portion of the cruise starts that she won the bid. The minimum bid was $1000 in case anyone is interested. 

Nice!

16 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Nice!

What we found fascinating was that there is still one Penthouse cabin, where there was four, as well as just one mini suite available. We’re guessing the remaining upgrade bids are around the minimums, so PCL is probably hoping someone comes along and pays the retail price or someone bumps up their bid 3-5 days before the cruise when they make the final upgrade selections. But, of course, we’ll never know. The only reason I posted this was to show how far above the minimum our daughter bumped up her original bid.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2023 at 8:25 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

how many days of the 17-day land cruise was land and how much was cruise?  just curious ...

1 hour ago, mrell345 said:

Just to confirm something.  An upgrade is is to next class (inside to ocean view to balcony to suite)?  Not say from BE to BD or BF in same class?

My best suggestion is for you to log onto your PCL account, pull up the booking you’re thinking about putting in an upgrade bid, go down the page until you see these options, and click on the Bid To Upgrade Stateroom entry. Then follow the instructions and see what upgrade options along with the minimum bids for each they’re offering associated with your current booking. The reason I say this is because it all depends on the category you’re currently booked in.

IMG_3156.thumb.jpeg.9e07469327dfc2a91efab513a4176f20.jpeg