What to do in Barcelona before late flight

TintoTeam

Hi

We're on Queen Elizabeth next week.  On disembarkation day, our flight home isn't until 6pm from Barcelona Airport.

Any suggestions for what we can do before then?

There are no left luggage facilities at port or airport currently, and Cunard doesn't seem to have an excursion which ends with an airport drop off.

I don't fancy either traipsing around Barcelona with suitcases, or sitting at the airport all day!

Thanks for any suggestions.

I can thoroughly recommend BagsAndGo. We were in the same situation last year with 8 of us. They have pickup desks in all the Barcelona cruise terminals so you drop your bags with them and tell them what time to drop them at the airport. They will tell you where to meet them at the airport to collect your bags. You can then get the blue cruise bus that goes round the cruise terminals and will drop you in Barcelona (near to the bottom of LaRambla) so you can have a wander round. When you want to get to the airpoirt there's another bus service called Aerobus that picks up from the main square at the top of La Rambla and drops at the airport. You then meet BagsAndGo to collect your cases.   It all worked like clockwork for us. Hope you have a great time.  Here are the links for these services :-

Cruise Bus: Shuttle Bus For Barcelona Cruise Terminals (barcelona-tourist-guide.com)

Aerobus Barcelona Tickets | Pick-up and Drop-off (barcelona-aerobus-tickets.com)

Barcelona Locker + Luggage Delivery - Book Now - 24/7 Service (bagsandgo.com)

Edited by fatbellybinky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2023 at 5:36 AM, fatbellybinky said:

I can thoroughly recommend BagsAndGo. We were in the same situation last year with 8 of us. They have pickup desks in all the Barcelona cruise terminals so you drop your bags with them and tell them what time to drop them at the airport. They will tell you where to meet them at the airport to collect your bags. You can then get the blue cruise bus that goes round the cruise terminals and will drop you in Barcelona (near to the bottom of LaRambla) so you can have a wander round. When you want to get to the airpoirt there's another bus service called Aerobus that picks up from the main square at the top of La Rambla and drops at the airport. You then meet BagsAndGo to collect your cases.   It all worked like clockwork for us. Hope you have a great time.  Here are the links for these services :-

Cruise Bus: Shuttle Bus For Barcelona Cruise Terminals (barcelona-tourist-guide.com)

Aerobus Barcelona Tickets | Pick-up and Drop-off (barcelona-aerobus-tickets.com)

Barcelona Locker + Luggage Delivery - Book Now - 24/7 Service (bagsandgo.com)

Thank you so much for this valuable information. This is exactly the information I needed.

Do you happen to know the time estimate for the Aerobus to the airport? I have booked my luggage pick-up time as 15:00.

Many thanks.

42 minutes ago, fatbellybinky said:

I can't remember the time to get to the airport but it wasn't very long, about 15 minutes but you m8ght be able to find out from their web site.

Thanks. I might have missed it on the Aerobus site, but another Tourist site had it at approximately 35 minutes from City Centre. I was planning to head to stop about 14:00 anyways, so sounds good.

Some links that can be useful

Barcelona official touristic bus

https://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/en

2 lines hop on-off, 2 hours each one (I bet you will not have enough time to hop on and off, just to see since the bus)

about 30 euro/person

Another option: a locker near the port and walk around Ramblas and cathedral. It is a quite smart and nice side of Barcelona

To go to airport you can use underground and commuter too (and they do not have traffic jams)