Alesund, Norway private tour with Royal Tur Reiser_Highly recommended

thuyronald

I've recently returned from our NCL cruise and used Royal Tur Reiser for my private tour to the Trolls Road from Alesund.  I had used Norway Excursions previously but they didn't offer a private on the date that I needed.

Rolf, the owner and driver, was very prompt in answering my emails . He has a brand new vehicle than can seat 16 people.  We paid on the day of the tour with the credit card after our tour. He was waiting for us at the port and promptly took us on the Trolls to Fjords route to the famous Trollstigen road.  I had a group of 16 people and had a wonderful time.  

I highly recommend him highly.  If anyone is interested, his website is https://royalturreiser.no/.  His tours are also available on Viator.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2023 at 6:38 AM, thuyronald said:

I've recently returned from our NCL cruise and used Royal Tur Reiser for my private tour to the Trolls Road from Alesund.  I had used Norway Excursions previously but they didn't offer a private on the date that I needed.

Rolf, the owner and driver, was very prompt in answering my emails . He has a brand new vehicle than can seat 16 people.  We paid on the day of the tour with the credit card after our tour. He was waiting for us at the port and promptly took us on the Trolls to Fjords route to the famous Trollstigen road.  I had a group of 16 people and had a wonderful time.  

I highly recommend him highly.  If anyone is interested, his website is https://royalturreiser.no/.  His tours are also available on Viator.

Thank you for this information. We are interested in booking this tour. Did you book for your entire group or did you all book independently through Viator? I want to book for just my husband and I but I’m a little hesitant as it appears a new company and I’m concerned about the potential for trip cancellation if they don’t get enough people. I’m also looking at the Norway Excursions option but would prefer the smaller group. 

I did book with the company directly and I had a group of 14.  If you can go through cruisecritic.com roll call for your cruise, I don't think you would have a problem forming a group.   I was able to adjust the sightseeing a bit to have more time at the Troll's Road.

We paid by credit card (or cash if you wish)  on the bus when we got back to the ship.

The owner and driver have been in the business for many years but decided to purchase his own van (right before Covid).

If I was to return to Alesund, I would definitely book with him again.

• Like 1