Can you bring a glass of wine into specialty restaurants and mdr

tewkewl74

9 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

How many tries to bring a drink to those places? Getting some icecream and needing a drink, really?

I don't know or care! I wasn't talking about that part.  I was simply answering another question in the thread about the difference between specialty and signature facilities!

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Another source (I use drink packages, and then read and research instead of drinking from rum runners or mouthwash bottles) would be a discussion in March on this topic: 

Pay special attention to the wise comments by no greater a source of information than @Beamafar herself:     image.png.192831db5bd6942a5106357949e18cab.png

Hi J.  The same is included in the information on drinks packages for our cruise next May.  I can’t provide a link as it’s in the ‘My Booking’ section, where the various packages can be added.

Will be embarking Musica in under 3 weeks’ time.  I’ll be checking this out when onboard.  If it hadn’t been for you tagging me I wouldn’t have seen this.  I’d totally forgotten about it.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAGR said:

I'm only trying to suggest the difference, which I believe comes from some sort of licensing arrangement.  At any rate, this is is from MSC, and is a guide to all-inclusive packages.  read toward the bottom of page four:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjqppm27cWBAxUNjYkEHXYCBIsQFnoECA4QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mscbook.com%2Fpages%2Fsdl%2Fimg%2F%2FALL-INCLUSIVE_GUIDE.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0q3M6vVs7BcmRm5TBKdgzK&opi=89978449

If you don't want to open it, it is: The following exclusions apply: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar, room service, promotions and signature venues Venchi 1878 establishments or Jean-Philippe Maury venues, MSC Virtuosa Starship Club, regardless of beverage price. The Coffee Emporium and Raj Polo Tea Room onboard MSC World Europa signature venues are included in Easy Plus and Premium Extra packages. Must be of legal age to consume alcohol - see our terms of our guest alcohol policy.

I think I may have been misunderstood.  I was asking about the vendor owned aspect... How did you find out that the specialty dining was outsourced rather than the cruise just forbidding outside alcohol to make you buy alcohol in the restaurant at inflated prices?

28 minutes ago, tewkewl74 said:

I think I may have been misunderstood.  I was asking about the vendor owned aspect... How did you find out that the specialty dining was outsourced rather than the cruise just forbidding outside alcohol to make you buy alcohol in the restaurant at inflated prices?

... and just to be clear, it is the signature venues that were being referred to, not the speciality venues, and where those involve a brand name, there will be a license to be paid, and the terms of that license may for example include a percentage of sales which is why there may be limitations on the use of drink packages...

... but this is just theory and I've not yet seen any evidence of 'inflated prices', just that the venue is excluded from the packages and as a result there seems to be resistance to bringing in your drinks with you , but even that is patchy and inconsistent.

It isn't even easy to get a precise list or exactly which are considered 'Signature' venues...