The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 15th, 2023

richwmn

7 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Well, third time’s the charm: I’m in Las Vegas! The first time I had to cancel because of my eye surgery (I couldn’t go higher than 2k feet in elevation), the next time my BFF’s sister died and with the funeral and family coming in she couldn’t go. So this has been planned for some time. 

We have meals planed with friends, a show (comedian Henry Cho), bingo, spa days, shopping, and more restaurants. I’ll also be working a bit since I want to save vacation time. 

Thank you all for caring and sharing. Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. 

Yippee 🙂. so glad that 3 times was the charm 👍. Have a fabulous time 🙂 

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

My neighbor to my left complained to me two weeks ago, that one of my weedy wild trees was hanging over her garage, and she wanted me to cut it down.  DH asked our yard guy how much he wanted to cut it down, and he said 300.  He would have to get on the roof and cut from there.  Well I guess she asked her yard guy to do it because i looked out the back bedroom and it seemed to be gone.

But on Wednesday I noticed that when i went outside, and went to the left , i could not see through the upside down U walk through azaleas on the right, camillia on the left, why?  the back of the side yard was blocked. I took a short glance and figured that he had put the tree on our side of the yard to cut up.  But when i was walking the dog today, I noticed that our neighbor had a huge pine limb that wasnt on her tree any more.  Guess what is at the end of my yard?  Her pine tree, the fence is demolished, its on the roof, it's killed and broken the flowering trees, and it is so massive, that I cant cut my way through.  Because part of it was lying against the house, I wanted to make sure that the two windows behind it were not broken, so I clipped and part of the pine needles hit me in the face and stabbed me in the eye.  Eye is very sore.  I told DH that if it was not better tomorrow take me to the ER.  I really am having a hard time seeing out of it.  The windows are not broken, the air conditioner did not get squished because the limb hit the roof.  But neither DH nor I are physically able to get up on the roof to take a look.  I guess I will have to call the insurance people out tomorrow morning.

Night all!

Yikes 😱. How awful.  It sounds to me that your neighbour caused the damage and it’s they who should be calling their insurance company.

I hope your insurance takes care of you quickly and sorts it out later. 🤞 

• Like 7