The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday September 15th, 2023

richwmn

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  Good collection of days, pass on the food and drink, never been to Fiji and what a loss for Spain but a boom for Central America!

"Cool" morning when I arose - 68F!  But it will get up to high 90's and the humidity is still hanging around.  Today subbing for a friend who does elementary PE.  Should be a hoot!  

@kazu Be safe from the upcoming hurricane!!  Thoughts for all those on the care list and cheers to those who are celebrating.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

Another beautiful day today. Rain will move in this evening and end tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed that Lee does not cause much damage. Jacqui your yard is beautiful. It is hard to believe you did all that planting with a bad elbow. 

Bon Voyage for our cruisers this weekend. I hope the storm does not interfere with flights and ports of call. 

@mamaofamiit is so hard to wait for the surgery and then have it moved back. Prayers it gets back on track and goes well. 

Roy it seems like you have done well with your COVID. I hope you can go on your cruise. You had a rough health year and deserve a good trip.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. Prayers for all on our care list and those who are suffering around the world. 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites. 

Prayers said for all on the well put together list by Vanessa. Thank you.

@ger_77 prayers for Maurice today, Lou, Tana, Sam, Roy, Sandi's DB and DF DB.

Bon Voyage @Cruising-along

Jacqui hoping you and Ivan are safe from the incoming storm. Looks like you worked your tails off cleaning up and stowing.

We had girls night last night. Our son arrived about 7:30. The girls brought alot of good food and DS plowed thru it.

Today if the weather holds we are going to breakfast, then over to the Veterans Memorial Plaza. I got a brick for Allen's 80th birthday and it was placed on Sept 11th. So we waited til DS came to see it together.

Wishing everyone a safe, healthy, happy weekend. Be kind.

Oh. Here is a hat for @RedneckBob

image.png.17c81a5e6b5a7e0e7be3288cad771c06.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 0106 said:

What beach club do you like in Cozumel?

I have never been to it, but someone on our roll call recommended it.  It is Nachi Cocom.  I have only been to Cozumel once before (last year) and we walked around and looked at the shops and went back to the ship.  So this time we are trying this place.  In Costa Maya we are going to Maya Chan.  Hope we like both of them.

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Prayers said for all on the well put together list by Vanessa. Thank you.

@ger_77 prayers for Maurice today, Lou, Tana, Sam, Roy, Sandi's DB and DF DB.

Bon Voyage @Cruising-along

Jacqui hoping you and Ivan are safe from the incoming storm. Looks like you worked your tails off cleaning up and stowing.

We had girls night last night. Our son arrived about 7:30. The girls brought alot of good food and DS plowed thru it.

Today if the weather holds we are going to breakfast, then over to the Veterans Memorial Plaza. I got a brick for Allen's 80th birthday and it was placed on Sept 11th. So we waited til DS came to see it together.

Wishing everyone a safe, healthy, happy weekend. Be kind.

Oh. Here is a hat for @RedneckBob

image.png.17c81a5e6b5a7e0e7be3288cad771c06.png

Ok, ha ha. I wasn’t going to post anything today but you made me mad. 😀.

I guess you can say that I can wear this cap to church each Sunday since it is holy!

And if I wear the cap with bill forward I am old school, if I wear the cap with the bill backwards I am old school and if I wear the cap with bill sideways I am no school! 😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 22

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I have never been to it, but someone on our roll call recommended it.  It is Nachi Cocom.  I have only been to Cozumel once before (last year) and we walked around and looked at the shops and went back to the ship.  So this time we are trying this place.  In Costa Maya we are going to Maya Chan.  Hope we like both of them.

Terri

Maya Chan 👍👍👍

• Like 16

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Our first sea day on our way to Edinburgh. Very enjoyable time so far. I would guess that 90% of the passengers are German speaking but MSC does begin the general announcements in English so very easy to understand. When they are in French and Spanish, I practice my language skills.

Food has been very good and of decent quality contrary to other CC forums's comments. The pizza is very good in the Buffet, especially the Charcoal pizza! Still learning the layout of the ship but for being 10 years old it is in excellent condition. This morning we needed to surrender our passports to the Republic of Ireland Control Officers onboard. There had been long delays for passport control on a previous cruise to Dublin so hopefully this eliminates that problem.

Last time on MSC we were in Yacht Club but wanted spend less and have adjoining staterooms so are in the Fantastica Experience. Just as nice and quite spacious, just not as pampered. Looks like rain tomorrow at the South Queensferry tender port. Hope the wind and seas are not too bad

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need!

- Jack

DSIL, Sue, and Moi!

DSC05068.thumb.JPG.d2ed8aa015e6e15ccaa256c74d3010ed.JPG

The famous MSC orange towel animals.  😊

0914231711.thumb.jpg.ab8ad9149d4d2686ab75a350ab382245.jpg

The North Sea

0915231152d.thumb.jpg.c7cc94ef17115e6fa86e173e3724bb10.jpg

0915231152.thumb.jpg.b6dff102443587f662d64d4019f4f8d0.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thanks RNB.  Now I am wondering.  If RNB likes it, maybe I should think about another place.????

Terri

Ha ha. Ok, it is terrible. Don’t go there. The drinks are weak. The food is terrible. The beach and water is dirty. Oh, is today April 1! 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 18

Good sunny and cool morning. It was 51 degrees at 7am. I’m so glad it is cooler out.

@Crazy For Cats, good luck with the veterinary appointment today. Also, some more good news, New Holland Family Restaurant is reopening in mid October under new owner. Read their FB page for more information.

Tux is doing great, medication is working.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

We're up early, will leave in about 90 minutes for DD's house where we'll be leaving our car for the week.  Thank you @JazzyV, @smitty34877, @kazu, @ottahand7, @dfish, @puppycanducruise and @Seasick Sailor for the Bon Voyages, we're excited to be sailing again!

I'll try to check in whenever possible but will be thinking of @kazu and hoping she stays safe, and also of @ger_77's DH as he gets his pacemaker today.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Up early as we have a hour drive for our reserved scenic train ride. Plus on our layover we are going to visit and have a corn dog at the first place they were ever offered.

Enjoyed a delightful dinner of fresh grilled shrimp and salmon at last night’s dinner followed by a campfire on the beach.

Thanks Rich and to all who feed my Daily habit?

image.thumb.jpeg.33153a37278d7ef656d2bc45edd1a22a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8dfb5654a28a1d8e687212636d5b4ac3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.63ba82cc0a68f2afdbe22a79433216a5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f4a2fa6a35aa90eb650c6edcd4146f92.jpegimage.jpeg.be140eea54d180c2c559ac428e927140.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

16 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Ha ha. Ok, it is terrible. Don’t go there. The drinks are weak. The food is terrible. The beach and water is dirty. Oh, is today April 1! 😀

I will give you a heads up on two things but I guess you already seen the reviews; almost all 5 star. One, the road to the place is bumpy and two, sometimes there is lots of seaweed. The day we were there, there was lots of seaweed which did not allow use of watercrafts. It was still a great time at Maya Chan!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning from a sunny and warm day at the beach

The ocean is really churning and the surf is high. Many rips are present. Sure hope people are careful.

Havent posted the last few days but have read the posts. All is quiet which is very good.

@Cruising-along  Have a wonderful trip.

@kazu  Been thinking about you. It is a lot of work to prep for a hurricane. Stay safe and hope the damage is minimal.

My sister lives just north of Boston and has a home on Cape Cod. Her DH has gone to the Cape to ride out the storm. Hopefully all will be well at both locations.

@mamaofami  Extra prayers for Sam today. Hope they can get the surgery done soon.

@smitty34877  Sounds like you have a wonderful and caring family. Glad they are able to give you and Lou support during this very difficult time.

Not much on the agenda today

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  I seem to have been off a day all week long, I thought Wednesday was Thursday, my neighbor thought Wednesday was Friday (that was a big disappointment for her, being off two days) and DH managed to "remain" in the correct day.  

I finished my work schedule until we leave, hard to believe I only technically work for 3 more weeks, and then sadly kiss both jobs goodbye.  Not sad for the vacation, but sad that those jobs are not there to come back to.  When we worked in the office, we belonged to one boss, and if a campaign ended, then we were automatically trained for another, no days off, no looking for work.  Now we work from home and DH and I get added to existing campaigns after they start, and when they slow down, we are the first to be let go.

I had two sales yesterday, the first order I totally screwed up.  It wasn't a big order, but the boss had to call the patron back to verify and make corrections.  Oops.  The boss told me to call him on my next order so that it didn't go through with boo boos.  I got another sale, and called, and he wasn't there. So I sat, and waited, before I sent it through.  After awhile I started texting him, and he called back, we went over the order, and all was good.. And then he realized the size of the order, and he was amazed. Biggest sale of the day!  Am hoping my remaining days are as good, because I really want to keep the CA job when I get back.

I love the quote.  When we are looking at something, or reading something, we do bring ourselves and all our history, education and past to the viewing.  We each see things through different eyes.

@ger_77I hope all goes well with Maurice's procedure today.  Make sure that he is comfortable, pain free, and behaves like a good patient.🙄

@mamaofamiI am going to look up the type of surgery Sam has to have, I hope the outcome will stop the brain bleed, and reverse any damage that may have been done. 

@kazuYou have worked an amazing task to get ready for Lee.  Be safe, don't take risks during the storm  and i hope you have enough non refrigerated food to last several days, just in case. Your yard is beautiful.

@smitty34877I am glad that your hubby is home, that he is able to visit with family and friends, and it is so wonderful that your family and friends are helping out with the cooking and care.

@Cruising-alongHave a wonderful cruise.

@StLouisCruisersAs the crow flies we are 40 miles apart, but your weather yesterday only gave us dark black skies.  Very little rain.  We heard thunder all afternoon, it sounded like the Lord above was moving furniture across a wooden floor.  For hours.  I had all the lights on in the living room (where my work station is)  because it was so dark.  The humidity is terrible, and I so wish for a CRISP-COOL morning.  If I can't get that, then I wish it would just rain.  Really rain.  

My neighbors dog is much better, and I have been walking with her all week.  She is all gung ho going down the street, but pants all the way back up the hill, and that part is not a very big hill.  Her mom has gone to part time work now, but still wants me to walk the dog.  Bless her, she usually drives in when I have just finished. But I do appreciate the extra cash.  I guess by the time we finish our Rome to Home trip (or as DH calls it the Wander to Yonder trip) I will lose that dog walking job. (Thank goodness) .

th?id=OIP.DVid5hn_LtU4XBPyrLmjNQHaE9&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

I have not been to today's port, I used to drink Blue drinks, no matter what they were called.  I have been to Blue Lagoon in the Bahamas. 

All-I-need-is-strong-coffee-and-a-short-friday-meme-7567.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

I will give you a heads up on two things but I guess you already seen the reviews; almost all 5 star. One, the road to the place is bumpy and two, sometimes there is lots of seaweed. The day we were there, there was lots of seaweed which did not allow use of watercrafts. It was still a great time at Maya Chan!

Thanks RNB.  I had heard about both.

Terri

• Like 18

41 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny and cool morning. It was 51 degrees at 7am. I’m so glad it is cooler out.

@Crazy For Cats, good luck with the veterinary appointment today. Also, some more good news, New Holland Family Restaurant is reopening in mid October under new owner. Read their FB page for more information.

Tux is doing great, medication is working.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

I’m glad to hear the restaurant will reopen.  We’ve had a few breakfasts there and the food is good.

• Like 16

Oh gosh - way too busy to make a hat today, not sure I have skills to make one any other day. Caregivers - so deserving every day 👏🌟 

The quote - hmm...

Pass on the food, maybe yes to the drink, not been to Fuji.

73 heading to 84, 90s next week. The break from triple digits has been awesome!

Busy busy work this morning, shuttle driver arrives 12:15, plane leaves at 2:25 & shows to be on time. Thank goodness - I've read too many reports of canceled flights. AA did change mine, but at least we're flying.

Packed therabands to continue shoulder work while I'm gone.

Prayers and positive thoughts to all 

Extra 🙏 for Baby Murphy and family and to all Dailyites who need them.

Screenshot_20230915-091338_Weather.jpg

• Like 29

Good morning everyone. 

We are enjoying a 4 day stay in NYC, returning to St Petersburg tomorrow. We have tickets for Shucked tonight, $40 each, that we got using Broadway lottery.

It is sunny and low 60's here which is great for walking about the city. For the most part, the city looks good and is very busy.

My best to Kazu and others in the path of Lee. 

20230913_142316.jpg

20230913_153606.jpg

20230913_164530.jpg

20230913_165018.jpg

20230914_152646.jpg

20230914_172429.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I've knitted a hat. I'll salute Greenpeace. Caregivers deserve lots of appreciation for all they do and it's a hard job. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the chowder (seafood), yes to the drink and the wine (although a bit pricey for me). I haven't been to Lautoka. Good day in history.

Happy Rosh HaShanah to those celebrating!

It started in the upper 40's today! Now up to 58F and sunny. I'll be leaving shortly for Maryland where BFF and I and friends will visit his cousin in Gaithersburg. Then we'll drive them to Dulles tomorrow for their flight and come back home. So tomorrow's Care List may be late. And to complicate matters iCloud drive isn't working on my PC (lots of complaints about this) and I'll have my iPad with me. I uploaded the list to DropBox and that seems to work. 

@StLouisCruisers You're making good progress on your photo book, even with the laptop difficulties.

@rafinmd I'm glad you tested negative. I hope you start to feel less fatigues and get your energy back. 

@kazu Prayers that you remain safe during the storm, and no property damage.

@Crazy For Cats I'm glad to hear your DM is doing well enough to go home on Sunday.

@smitty34877 I'm glad Lou enjoyed yesterday's visit from DB and DSIL. Nice of her to make dinner for you all. And I know he'll enjoy seeing DS and family today. I hope all your family up in New England will weather the storm ok.  

@Cruzin Terri You have so much going on, no wonder you got those reservations mixed up. I hope you can fix the other one. It seems most people need glasses after cataract surgery, usually to read.

@mamaofami Prayers that Sam gets his procedure soon, and that it all goes well. 

@Heartgrove I'm glad you're enjoying the cruise. Thanks for the photos. 

@1ANGELCAT Good to hear Tux is doing well.

@Cruising-along Bon Voyage! Have a great time.

@aliaschief Enjoy the train ride and the corn dog!

@cunnorl I hope your family in MA stays safe.

@marshhawk Good job on the sales. 

@Haljo1935 Safe travels today.

@St Pete Cruiser Great photos from NYC. Enjoy Shucked tonight. Safe travels home tomorrow. 

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those with something to Celebrate.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 7

Please be safe Jaqueline @kazu.  And I hope that anyone of our family in the path of Lee will be safe. I broke out my small suitcase and have a few items in it. Two weeks to go before I start my journey. Went to the store and got all of those little things you need like nail files and even got my flu shot. Hope all are able to enjoy a nice weekend. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1