Packing List for Men?

GMIAC

3 hours ago, Sunprince said:

Gents, please leave your convertible trousers at home (or at least, only wear them before 6pm.) These are “pants” that zip off the legs and convert into shorts. We were on a segment of the world cruise last year and we’re shocked to see men wearing these treasures to dinner at night.  Though technically it satisfied the dress code (when the legs were zipped on), it looked rather sloppy. Same goes for hiking type shoes…don’t wear them at night! 

I think its a oxymoron to have the word 'gents' in the same sentence as 'convertible shorts'!🤪...unless of course you are on the Carnival cruise site!

12 minutes ago, TheShag said:

I think its a oxymoron to have the word 'gents' in the same sentence as 'convertible shorts'!🤪...unless of course you are on the Carnival cruise site!

Convertible pants cost about $80. They aren't inexpensive...and the whole "Carnival is low class" thing is getting old.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TheShag said:

.There is that "not our kind" dear type of reference. And I have definitely seen those things on Regent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GMIAC said:

So I shouldn't wear the shorts part and keep the legs in my pocket in case I start getting the side-eye from other passengers and need to zip them on? 🙃

Yup, keep them with you at the pool and when you see the clock strike six o'clock, zip those babies on before anyone can say a thing! 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

Yup, keep them with you at the pool and when you see the clock strike six o'clock, zip those babies on before anyone can say a thing! 🤣

I"m three steps ahead of you, buddy!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Convertible pants cost about $80. They aren't inexpensive...

I believe the Regent dress code is called “elegant casual”. Regardless of what your convertible pants cost, they are fine during the day if you are out trekking in the nether region wilderness (while wearing your hiking shoes), but they certainly are not “elegant” to sit down for a nice dinner in any of the Regent dining rooms.

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

Yup, keep them with you at the pool and when you see the clock strike six o'clock, zip those babies on before anyone can say a thing! 

Exactly why they buy them.  It’s a 2 in one solution, you get to pack less and go from day wear to night wear with a simple zip. 

Edited by Sunprince
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunprince said:

I believe the Regent dress code is called “elegant casual”. Regardless of what your convertible pants cost, they are fine during the day if you are out trekking in the nether region wilderness (while wearing your hiking shoes), but they certainly are not “elegant” to sit down for a nice dinner in any of the Regent dining rooms.

Exactly why they buy them.  It’s a 2 in one solution, you get to pack less and go from day wear to night wear with a simple zip. 

And they meet the definition of long pants in the Dress Code. How about you worry about you and let Regent worry about others. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

And they meet the definition of long pants in the Dress Code. How about you worry about you and let Regent worry about others. 

Our thoughts exactly. We don’t examine in detail other people’s choices we are too busy enjoying what Regent has to offer. Once the perceived offender sits down what ever kind of slacks or whatever they have on is out of sight just like the Santa socks and red tennis shoes. And that didn’t ruin s single evening of our WC but is a funny memory now. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, GMIAC said:

I have a pair of those leather "sneakers" with the white soles, which can dress up or down. I thought of taking those. They're a bit more casual than black loafers, but more versatile too.

You might take a look at cole hahn zerogrand shoes - super comfy for a shoreex with jeans yet can wear with a jacket and tie at night.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

You might take a look at cole hahn zerogrand shoes - super comfy for a shoreex with jeans yet can wear with a jacket and tie at night.  

I got a pair this summer & really love them. I plan to take them on the upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cwn said:

Our thoughts exactly. We don’t examine in detail other people’s choices we are too busy enjoying what Regent has to offer. Once the perceived offender sits down what ever kind of slacks or whatever they have on is out of sight just like the Santa socks and red tennis shoes. And that didn’t ruin s single evening of our WC but is a funny memory now. 

Or Captain Aivo with his red & green socks...

• Haha 1