Royal Princess - Seattle to Vancouver. Which cabins can choose/avoid?

dipan0000

Hi,
We are planning to go with Royal Princess for Sep 23, 2023 - Mon, Sep 25 from Seattle to Vancouver (one way). It is less than a week and I am booking it now. More I see and read about locations of cabin, more I am confused and on top of it, very less time to book.
We are husband-wife, with 7 year old and want to book balcony. While searching for higher decks (may look better view?), I see many options. Can someone help me to narrow down, what I can keep in my options?
Here are some options I see -

Forward:
Deck-14: R102 and R104
Deck-12: A126, A127, A128, A129
Deck-9: Many

Aft:
Deck-15: M720, M721
Deck-11: B733
Deck-10: C736, C737

Mid-forward:
Deck-10: C308

Mid-Aft:
Deck-12: A604

Please advise. Thanks

34 minutes ago, dipan0000 said:

Mid-forward:
Deck-10: C308

This would be my choice…more midship lower deck for a more stable location, steps away from the forward elevator and cabins above & below to not have any public decks that could create noise issues.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, donswife said:

I would consider M720 or M721.  One deck up the aft stairs to the buffet and 2 decks up to the kids club.

Thanks. I see, they are in the end
Do they have sofa-bed or bunk-bed for third person, do you have this info?

Edited by dipan0000

If you search for cabins that can hold 4 guests and it still shows up, it will have bunk bed and sofa bed, otherwise just sofa bed.  The sofa bed might block the balcony door when it is open. We only had 2 in our cabin so never tried to open it.

1 minute ago, donswife said:

If you search for cabins that can hold 4 guests and it still shows up, it will have bunk bed and sofa bed, otherwise just sofa bed.  The sofa bed might block the balcony door when it is open. We only had 2 in our cabin so never tried to open it.

Got it.
Did you stayed in similar/same cabin?

13 minutes ago, memoak said:

Hate to say it but for 2 days I don’t feel it really makes a difference. It will be a party/booze cruise and all you probably will do in the cabin is sleep

Yes, I understand. Then I should focus on the cabins, far from club and noise.

2 hours ago, donswife said:

I would consider M720 or M721.  One deck up the aft stairs to the buffet and 2 decks up to the kids club.

I am just reading one old post stating - "M711 thru M715 are located directly below the Lido Horizon Terrace on the deck above. You may experience noise from overhead throughout the day (and possibly well into the night) from passenger/crew foot traffic and moving chairs/tables, etc."
Do you recall if there could be noise issues in M720, M721, M715 ?

10 hours ago, dipan0000 said:

I am just reading one old post stating - "M711 thru M715 are located directly below the Lido Horizon Terrace on the deck above. You may experience noise from overhead throughout the day (and possibly well into the night) from passenger/crew foot traffic and moving chairs/tables, etc."
Do you recall if there could be noise issues in M720, M721, M715 ?

Anything aft of the elevators should be fine.  The outdoor area isn't usually very busy on a cool weather cruise.