Long shot- Garmin cable.

majortom10

I know this is a long shot but has anyone on here returned from a cruise on Arvia on 3rd September and was in cabin 14701. On our embarkation we found a Garmin cable under the bed when we stored our suitcases. Plainly obvious that the steward had not cleaned underneath bed between occupants. Went to reception and they would not give me details of last occupier because of data protection and said if I handed it in they would just stick it in a box of items of no great value and would be eventually disposed of. Just a long shot and thought they might be on here and I could send it to them.

• Like 4

Once found a holdall under my bed containing a large bunch of keys (car and door) a prescription with the owners details on, and several other items. Gave it to Reception. How could anyone put their keys  under the bed and then forget them? There is a safe for that sort of thing! 

• Like 2

On 9/17/2023 at 6:55 PM, majortom10 said:

I know this is a long shot but has anyone on here returned from a cruise on Arvia on 3rd September and was in cabin 14701. On our embarkation we found a Garmin cable under the bed when we stored our suitcases. Plainly obvious that the steward had not cleaned underneath bed between occupants. Went to reception and they would not give me details of last occupier because of data protection and said if I handed it in they would just stick it in a box of items of no great value and would be eventually disposed of. Just a long shot and thought they might be on here and I could send it to them.

those types of cables can be purchased for a few quid on Ebay so probably not worth trying to find the previous owner.

4 minutes ago, MDav123 said:

those types of cables can be purchased for a few quid on Ebay so probably not worth trying to find the previous owner.

Perhaps non genuine cables but should imagine the actual genuine Garmin cable be more. Just thought if it was albeit a very small chance of finding owner on here a cost of a stamp and envelope it would be nice to return it especially as it looks new and possibly from something purchased onboard.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Perhaps non genuine cables but should imagine the actual genuine Garmin cable be more. Just thought if it was albeit a very small chance of finding owner on here a cost of a stamp and envelope it would be nice to return it especially as it looks new and possibly from something purchased onboard.

Plus it is a nice thing to do, fair play to you for making the effort.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1