SHORE EXCURSION ORGANISATION

allyfree

We're cruising with friends soon and had agreed to book our excursions independently as we have very different interests - normally! Turns out, we have chosen a few that are the same - does anyone know how people are allocated to coaches if there is more than 1 tour group for the same excursion? Don't really want to have to queue at Shore Excursions to sort it all once on board ... TIA

8 minutes ago, BND said:

They don't assign seats ahead of time (or at all).  Get in line together at the meeting point and board the transportation together.

I agree they don't assign seats but they do assign groups ... in May we were on a trip that had 3 different coached for the same destination - all had different numbers assigned for their coaches ???

2 hours ago, allyfree said:

I agree they don't assign seats but they do assign groups ... in May we were on a trip that had 3 different coached for the same destination - all had different numbers assigned for their coaches ???

I have never seen that done before people show up at the meeting point.  You can pick a time for an excursion, but beyond that, when you show up to meet, you then board.  Nothing is preassigned other than time.

10 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

My experience has been that when you approach the desk where they are handing out stickers for the various coaches, they ask how many are in your party and then they make sure that your party all gets the same sticker.

Thank you - I did wonder because they seem to check you off on a list when you get the sticker but hopefully the names are enough !

26 minutes ago, allyfree said:

Thank you - I did wonder because they seem to check you off on a list when you get the sticker but hopefully the names are enough !

That is only to see if everyone has arrived for the excursion.  They will wait a bit for late arrivals but they only know they're missing if they keep track.  They won't check anyone off until they are actually there.  Just show up together.

10 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

My experience has been that when you approach the desk where they are handing out stickers for the various coaches, they ask how many are in your party and then they make sure that your party all gets the same sticker.

They only hand out stickers for some excursions, usually those that meet onboard the ship and walk off together by group or are tendering.  And, that is normally in the theater.  There is no desk there, usually just staff walking around or meeting people at the door, sometimes maybe a table is set up.  Excursions that meet off the ship you just go to your meeting place (on pier next to ship, or end of pier, for example).

Edited by BND