Table for 2 on Bolette?

Slugsta

I have friends who have cruised quite a lot (with P+O) and are doing Fred for the first time soon. They booked ages ago and requested a table for 2 for dinner. My BFF suffers from a lot of anxiety and is currently starting to fret about the possibility of not being allocated such a table; she is sociable generally but cannot face dining with strangers. She is also worried about being 'made' to share a table in the buffet. It's getting to the stage where she is so worried that she is considering cancelling, even though they are well past final payment and would loose the money completely.

I have suggested that they check out the dining room ASAP after boarding and talk to the Maitre D if necessary. However, I will pass on any reassurance you are able to give as they both really need this holiday!

Really sorry to hear that your friend is suffering from anxiety to such an extent. 

Cruising should be a relaxing, enjoyable experience.

We would suggest that your friend should have a wind with FOCLs customer support as soon as possible to see if arrangements can be made.

it would be such a pity if your friend was to miss out on the pleasure of looking forward to the cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Really sorry to hear that your friend is suffering from anxiety to such an extent. 

Cruising should be a relaxing, enjoyable experience.

We would suggest that your friend should have a wind with FOCLs customer support as soon as possible to see if arrangements can be made.

it would be such a pity if your friend was to miss out on the pleasure of looking forward to the cruise.

Thank you, I will suggest that.

@Slugsta Each time we have requested a table for two (when not travelling with friends or family) we have got it. That said we had always booked a freedom fare and well in advance. As your friends booked a while back that should be in their favour (but not guaranteed of course).

We also eat at second dining which is generally not as popular on Fred and so much quieter. If they are early dining then being prepared to move to late once onboard may help to get a two.

For breakfast and lunch in the MDR there has never been an issue requesting and getting a table for two. Sometimes however they will put you at a table for six but leave the two middle seats empty so you can chat or not as you wish.

The buffet can be a different matter as it can be busy, particularly at breakfast and for afternoon tea. I’m sure your friends would not be forced to share but they may have a much longer wait. We sometimes take breakfast out of the buffet to the tables in the margradome as it’s quieter.

Tell your friends that the staff on Fred are lovely and if they can accommodate a request they will certainly make every effort to do so.

56 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

@Slugsta Each time we have requested a table for two (when not travelling with friends or family) we have got it. That said we had always booked a freedom fare and well in advance. As your friends booked a while back that should be in their favour (but not guaranteed of course).

We also eat at second dining which is generally not as popular on Fred and so much quieter. If they are early dining then being prepared to move to late once onboard may help to get a two.

For breakfast and lunch in the MDR there has never been an issue requesting and getting a table for two. Sometimes however they will put you at a table for six but leave the two middle seats empty so you can chat or not as you wish.

The buffet can be a different matter as it can be busy, particularly at breakfast and for afternoon tea. I’m sure your friends would not be forced to share but they may have a much longer wait. We sometimes take breakfast out of the buffet to the tables in the margradome as it’s quieter.

Tell your friends that the staff on Fred are lovely and if they can accommodate a request they will certainly make every effort to do so.

That's helpful, thanks, I will pass it on.

• 4 weeks later...