Dining package Royal Caribbean Quantum of the seas.

Shanhan1

Has anyone else experienced the three night dining package? It seems like the only option is to take the reservation for the first night and you cannot change it. This seemed odd to me. However, when I phoned RC the lady on the phone told me you had to accept the  reservation and whatever restaurant they book for you  for that night. Is this correct? Thank you.

We book this (and similar packages) often and we have always been able to change our reservation (if desired) for the first night and add the additional nights as preferred once on board with the maître d.  We typically visit with them at the booked restaurant on the first day after we are settled in from boarding and make the arrangements then.  The first night reservation requirement is more of a placeholder when booking the package on line through the cruise planner.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Than you, this is what I thought, however the RC customer service lady was quite adamant that we must go the first night. So we will see. Did you receive the reservation on your app before boarding or you did not have the information until you boarded ?Thank you

RCCL customer service typically only can advise what the T's & C's are per the packages offered via the planner.  In practice, things are often different and the on board staff will, in our experience, be more flexible.  All of our information was on the app as entered via the cruise planner once we were on board.  Any maître d can help you on board, but we typically go to the one at the restaurant that was "assigned".  They have always accommodated us and have booked all of our reservations together at that time for the different restaurants.

4 hours ago, Shanhan1 said:

Than you, this is what I thought, however the RC customer service lady was quite adamant that we must go the first night. So we will see. Did you receive the reservation on your app before boarding or you did not have the information until you boarded ?Thank you

We were recently on Quantum with the 3 night package. No reservation was pre selected, the rep you were talking to was clueless as to what happens onboard.  Making a first night time is simply a place holder. Please let us know what actually happens as post pandemic experiences seem to be all over the board.  

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Please let us know what actually happens as post pandemic experiences seem to be all over the board.  

We have been on 5 cruises since the restart and all were consistent in the manner in which our on board reservations were handled - which, as I described earlier, were arranged to our preferences by the maître d's at the specialty restaurants on day 1.  BTW that is how it was in our experience pre-pandemic.