Resort day pass on Moorea

matamanoa

I've posted this on our roll call as well in hopes of getting some responses.  We are thinking of getting a day pass at the Hilton resort on Moorea and was wondering if anyone has done this before and how the resort was.  Was the beach nice?  We know we'll have to take a taxi to the resort from where the tender dock is but we'd like to know how far away it is and are taxis readily available?

TIA

Barb

2 hours ago, matamanoa said:

I've posted this on our roll call as well in hopes of getting some responses.  We are thinking of getting a day pass at the Hilton resort on Moorea and was wondering if anyone has done this before and how the resort was.  Was the beach nice?  We know we'll have to take a taxi to the resort from where the tender dock is but we'd like to know how far away it is and are taxis readily available?

TIA

Barb

Beach is nice but on the smaller size ...

About 3 1/2 - 5 miles to the Hilton

Some taxis but not many  ... if you get one to get you to the Hilton make sure you pre-book for the same taxi to come and get you 😉

Moorea Hilton (15 of 27).jpg

Moorea Hilton (26 of 27).jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Thanks so much for your reply and the pictures.  My husband is a bit concerned about the taxi issue and not being able to get back to the ship on time for all aboard if a taxi doesn't come back for us.  We'll have to ponder a while on this one.

Barb

• Like 1

21 hours ago, matamanoa said:

Thanks so much for your reply and the pictures.  My husband is a bit concerned about the taxi issue and not being able to get back to the ship on time for all aboard if a taxi doesn't come back for us.  We'll have to ponder a while on this one.

Barb

Email Ghislaine ... she is a taxi driver on Moorea. gmahotu@gmail.com

Give her a day or 2 to respond.

4 minutes ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

I normally don't give my personal contacts but I know your not on the same cruise as I am .... so hopefully you connect with her ... We've known her for almost 30 years.

That is very kind of you to pass along her information.  And it's too bad that we're not on the same cruise, it would have been nice to meet you in person.  Perhaps someday...

Barb

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, LIMPIT said:

Can anyone confirm the price and what is included for the Hilton Day Pass, do they need booking in advance ? 
Thanks 

Yes I booked for my visit this coming April. My biggest concern is getting a taxi there & back. I did correspond with a taxi driver in Moorea & he assured me that there would be taxis available.

16 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

Yes I booked for my visit this coming April. My biggest concern is getting a taxi there & back. I did correspond with a taxi driver in Moorea & he assured me that there would be taxis available.

Thanks, would you mind sharing your experience after your cruise ? 

18 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

From my last trip a few months ago  ... latest info 

hilton.jpg

This equates to approx £73 per person, taking into consideration the facilities, lunch and drink offer, I think this looks great value.

Do you have to pay in advance to secure the booking ? 

52 minutes ago, LIMPIT said:

This equates to approx £73 per person, taking into consideration the facilities, lunch and drink offer, I think this looks great value.

I have e mailed resort and awaiting their response.

Can anyone review a recent visit ? 

2 hours ago, LIMPIT said:

They just wanted my info & said we would pay when we got there.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

Have you contact details for the taxi you contacted please 

3 minutes ago, LIMPIT said:

Have you contact details for the taxi you contacted please 

I was in contact with Joseph from Jotours. He said we could not reserve in advance because the port has strict rules about that & it's first come, first served but that we should not have a problem as there are many drivers. He said we could arrange with a driver to come back & pick us up when we want to leave.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2024 at 7:00 AM, LIMPIT said:

I have e mailed resort and awaiting their response.

Can anyone review a recent visit ? 

So we leave this Saturday on the Grand Princess & yesterday I got an email from the Hilton saying that they are canceling all of the day pass reservations for April since the resort is fully booked. Good luck with your trip!

• Thanks 1