Jolly or Darkwood beach - plusses & minuses

cruising in

They're almost right beside each other.

I prefer Darkwood. No water sports I think they have added like a little water park area for kids. No snorkeling I mean I guess you could, it's not a beach for that.

Darkwood is an enjoyment beach. Swimming nice bar and restaurant, water is awesome, sand and beach are wonderful. 

Either way you can't lose, at the very end of the same bay is Turners Beach I highly recommend this beach. There's nothing down there it's very nice super quiet great bar. All 3 are pretty much the same thing with a little different tweak, but all 3 have a great vibe and are nice beaches. Have fun. Bring sunscreen lots of it.😎

Speaking of which you can rent palapas at all 3 beaches. Very reasonable. 😎

On 9/18/2023 at 12:04 PM, cruising in said:

It seems to be the same price to go to Jolly or Darkwood beach by taxi.  We want a swimming beach, not interested in snorkeling or water sports.  Suggestions as to which beach is more suitable for us.

What is the cost for taxi?

9 hours ago, carbon said:

What is the cost for taxi?

Or follow the example of money saving T'erds and take the public bus from outside the dock to all three beaches

Example
Turners Beach is at Johnsons Point. Prices quoted are Eastern Caribbean, but USD accepted.

http://www.busstopanu.com/results.php?select=St.+Johns&select2=Johnsons+Point&Submit=Go

Or OR do what my silly ass did in 2007, rent a scooter from Cheke. Dodge potholes and goats all day driving down the coast trying to find a beach.

Found the beach finally, Darkwood still take a nice taxi or you can  email Lawrence and forget about it. Lawrence is the finest man in the Caribbean. He doesn't know anything else. It's why I keep going back. 

Email Lawrence he'll take you wherever you want. Have fun!!!

Edited by TTEllis
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Or OR do what my silly ass did in 2007, rent a scooter from Cheke. Dodge potholes and goats all day driving down the coast trying to find a beach.

Found the beach finally, Darkwood still take a nice taxi or you can  email Lawrence and forget about it. Lawrence is the finest man in the Caribbean. He doesn't know anything else. It's why I keep going back. 

Email Lawrence he'll take you wherever you want. Have fun!!!

What is his email? 

On 9/21/2023 at 7:25 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Or follow the example of money saving T'erds and take the public bus from outside the dock to all three beaches

Example
Turners Beach is at Johnsons Point. Prices quoted are Eastern Caribbean, but USD accepted.

http://www.busstopanu.com/results.php?select=St.+Johns&select2=Johnsons+Point&Submit=Go

Hey PORT ROYAL will you please post Lawrence of Antigua contact info. Like you have in the past. I think it would help this fellow cruiser tremendously.

Thanks Todd 

3 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Happy to assist……..

IMG_0475.jpeg

Thank you PORT ROYAL!!

For all you cruisers out there in TV and La La Land who are heading to the island of Antigua. This is all the information you'll ever need. Look no further.

I'm picky this is one of the finest men I've ever met just being in the company of Lawrence is a blessing in itself. 

I miss him. Alot.

Thank you again PORT ROYAL.