Night Light

bubbachief

18 minutes ago, bubbachief said:

Is there a night light in the bathroom on Voyager class ships, Mariner of the Seas?

Is there a power outlet in bathroom where you could plug in a night light?

Neither, unfortunately. Pick up one of those small night lights which comes on with movement and off when you leave. Inexpensive and easy to pack. Lowes or HomeDepot.

We usually just leave the bathroom light on and crack the door open by about an inch.  Makes it easy to find the bathroom and you can see obstructions in the cabin as well as having the bathroom lit already.  But, it isn't too bright to sleep with.

• Like 4

We got this one to use on recent liberty cruise. It’s magnetic and we hung it on inside of bathroom door, that way when we opened the door we could see to step inside but didn’t have a night light shining throughout the whole cabin to disturb our sleep. It worked great. Plus it rechargeable.

IMG_0465.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Yes. It's marked for razors but you can plug in a low current item such as a night light. 

Where do you find one that fits the socket? Nevermind, I ordered the one recommended by weluv above. Seems very convenient. 

Edited by fredmdcruisers
Typo
  • Like 1

Ack!! I have to have it pitch black, and still rely on my memory to get through the cabin. (I am sure I will pay for that one day) The ships that have the night light that does not go off, gets a towel on the floor in front of the opening.

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

It doesn't look standard in the actual photo that I found, but maybe Ms Brillo is saying a standard night light with two prongs will fit into those two round holes? Like this one.

Screenshot_20230918_214649_DuckDuckGo.jpg

If you look closely you can see how straight (North American) prongs would fit into it. 

Edited by time4u2go

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

If you look closely you can see how straight (North American) prongs would fit into it but I'm not sure that a polarized light like the one you pictured would work. It looks like it might have to be non-polarized.

I am going to buy a little inexpensive night light and try it on our next cruise. If it works, I will feel really silly for overlooking it all these years simply because it looks different than a normal outlet. But I will report back. Thanks for your help time4utogo and brillo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

It doesn't look standard in the actual photo that I found, but maybe Ms Brillo is saying a standard night light with two prongs will fit into those two round holes? Like this one.

That's what I said... it has openings that will fit both kinds of plugs -- North American and European.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Thank you! My wife said she has a basket full of the standard plug nightlights. I appreciate your help.

In our experience the older ships razor outlet only works with the bathroom light on. If the switch is off the outlet is dead. 

We have a 5 year old and Voyager definitely did not work last year nor is Serenade currently. 

9 minutes ago, Td6462 said:

In our experience the older ships razor outlet only works with the bathroom light on. If the switch is off the outlet is dead. 

We have a 5 year old and Voyager definitely did not work last year nor is Serenade currently. 

Thank you. I will pack both the night light and my battery operated motion detection light, which we have been using successfully. 

7 hours ago, Td6462 said:

That's what I recall. We carry an "electric candle" that works well. Like a tea light, but taller/round like a real candle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HF458HE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Edited by GJustice
Add link to Amz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Ack!! I have to have it pitch black, and still rely on my memory to get through the cabin. (I am sure I will pay for that one day) The ships that have the night light that does not go off, gets a towel on the floor in front of the opening.

Same….I’ve been known to put towels to block the light. I’ve also used a few cruise compass in the light on Oasis to dull the brightness….I use my hands to navigate, plus our travel charger has a teeny tiny light that shows it’s on and that’s enough for us.

• Like 1