Diamond status question.

drp055934

Another disappointment on the Meraviglia was the diamond party which was held at the same time as the welcome back party in the theater. The theater was divided with diamond separated, but I was only given one drink and one serving of appetizers; the people who didn't sit near the aisle got no food. A few waiters were walking around with champagne bottles but since I didn't have a champagne glass I didn't get any, although the bars have no problem putting a drink in the wrong glass. This was my 4th time on this ship this year and previously the diamond party was in the sky lounge.

Also, I had a gold guest with me (my spouse) and the guy at the door wouldn't let her in; he said we had to sit in separate areas. She's always gone with me before and no one said anything, I thought you could bring a guest if you were in the same room. I questioned a senior officer (Tony Di Paola - Director of Hotel Services) and he said she wasn't allowed to sit in the diamond area, we went in anyway after another officer said we could sit together (I don't know who she was).

8 hours ago, oceans.calling said:

At first was asked to see our card but then saw YC bands and let us in. 

Do you say, staying in YC gives you access to the diamond party now?

Would defeat the whole purpose of a loyalty programme.

No, I’m not saying that and am sorry I didn’t explain it better. I was having trouble finding my card since I use the band all of the time and wasn’t sure I even had it on me. He must have believed me when I told him we were all Diamond and all I could show him was the band which I thought could be read which would show status. 
Note to self, explain better next time.