Encore MDR Temperature?

busyfamily94010

Taking our first Seabourn cruise. It seems like most folks dress up a little bit for dinner vs RCL (and Disney). Most of my wife's dresses are mostly short sleeve and don't work well with a sweater. What's temperature like? She can pack slacks and blouses instead. Going on Greek/Turley voyage on Encore in November. While she doesn't tend to get cold, she's very sensitive to cold air blowing directly on her (everything she drives my car, I have to remember to open all the vents again and raise the temperature as she cools the car by blasting frigid air into the back seat!)

We live in the SF Bay Area so the weather outside during the cruise will be just like home. This is about the MDR (or TK) hvac and settings. 

I know it's a vague and subjective question but I'll take what I can get in terms of help.

Thanks

Aaron

1 hour ago, busyfamily94010 said:

Taking our first Seabourn cruise. It seems like most folks dress up a little bit for dinner vs RCL (and Disney). Most of my wife's dresses are mostly short sleeve and don't work well with a sweater. What's temperature like? She can pack slacks and blouses instead. Going on Greek/Turley voyage on Encore in November. While she doesn't tend to get cold, she's very sensitive to cold air blowing directly on her (everything she drives my car, I have to remember to open all the vents again and raise the temperature as she cools the car by blasting frigid air into the back seat!)

We live in the SF Bay Area so the weather outside during the cruise will be just like home. This is about the MDR (or TK) hvac and settings. 

I know it's a vague and subjective question but I'll take what I can get in terms of help.

Thanks

Aaron

I suggest that she pack several pashminas that will go with the dresses she plans to bring.  That should take care of the issue.  This is what I do.  I generally do not need them though and don't recall being blasted by cold air on the ship.  It probably depends how close to a vent you are seated.  

• Like 1

Just come off Odyssey. One guy in the MDR found , at dinner, that his round neck tee shirt wasn't quite warm enough so they draped a blanket around his shoulders.

As it was a casual blanket worn in an elegant way it was obviously deemed acceptable 😁

• Haha 4

Just off Encore, we did not find any blasts of cold air in the Restaurant, in fact it was quite a warm temperature. You have to remember you are going in November so the temperature outside will be cooler.

Yes the Grand Salon can be a little cool.