Fare adjustment

bones774

Never seen a minimum $ amount but some TA's have been known to refuse small amount from what I've read. Also, the last I heard requests had to be in at least 2 weeks prior to sailing so you're too late anyway. No obc, just future credit or pay to upgrade.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 1

Call NCL and ask for a future cruise credit for the difference in the price adjustment. I called recently and I was asked if I wanted an upgrade or a future cruise credit of the difference. This was after the final payment. The person I talked with said they would submit the request and about a week later I got an email stating I would get the amount in a future cruise credit. It would be added to my account after my sailing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bones774 said:

Are you saying possible future credit, I would take that .

Pay to upgrade?

Sometimes when the fares drop you can pay the difference to get a better cabin. So that balcony that was $2k more when you booked might be yours for $200 if you ask.

You are too late to ask for future credit if you leave in 4 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Sometimes when the fares drop you can pay the difference to get a better cabin. So that balcony that was $2k more when you booked might be yours for $200 if you ask.

You are too late to ask for future credit if you leave in 4 days.

Ok

I did see a  price drop (still 50+ days away), actually, it is a better cabin at the same price we paid; but we have a package with airfare combined, the current one doesn't have the BOGF airfare anymore.  So can I still request an OBC or alike?  

Thanks.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

once you submit final payment there is no more price adjustments 

Not true. Our November, 2022 TA dropped a total of $1100 after final payment. A call to our PCC resulted in a FCC of $1100 on our next cruise. But we had to wait until the November cruise was finished to see it applied to our account. We then used it for a cruise in February. 

This topic has been discussed many, many, many times on CC.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBird said:

I did see a  price drop (still 50+ days away), actually, it is a better cabin at the same price we paid; but we have a package with airfare combined, the current one doesn't have the BOGF airfare anymore.  So can I still request an OBC or alike?  

Thanks.

You can request it but but they factor in the current price of your airfare so it usually has to be a pretty big price drop.

3 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Not true. Our November, 2022 TA dropped a total of $1100 after final payment. A call to our PCC resulted in a FCC of $1100 on our next cruise. But we had to wait until the November cruise was finished to see it applied to our account. We then used it for a cruise in February. 

This topic has been discussed many, many, many times on CC.

So your price dropped for your November cruise but you were able to use the FCC on your February cruise? How did that work? By my calculations you would have paid your February cruise in full prior to your November cruise because there are 119 days between November 1 and February 28, and your paid in full date would have been at 120 days prior to sailing for your February cruise, seeing that you are in the U.S. 

I just noticed that my December cruise dropped, but I wasn’t sure whether to ask for the FCC because I wasn’t sure I could apply it to my February cruise.

I also have heard that the FCC is only valid for one year. Is that one year from when you finished your November cruise or one year from when you asked for it?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

So your price dropped for your November cruise but you were able to use the FCC on your February cruise? How did that work? By my calculations you would have paid your February cruise in full prior to your November cruise because there are 119 days between November 1 and February 28, and your paid in full date would have been at 120 days prior to sailing for your February cruise, seeing that you are in the U.S. 

I just noticed that my December cruise dropped, but I wasn’t sure whether to ask for the FCC because I wasn’t sure I could apply it to my February cruise.

I also have heard that the FCC is only valid for one year. Is that one year from when you finished your November cruise or one year from when you asked for it?

Thanks!

They used it for "A" cruise in Feb it sounds like.. Not one already booked. 

29 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

FCC would be given AFTER your Dec cruise completed, when the 12 month expiration date is attached.  It would not apply for your Feb cruise since you would have paid in full, unless you wanted to pay to move up to a higher cabin.  So you can plan on upgrading from your current cabin, or you could downgrade before your 120 days, and then apply the FCC towards your move back up.

Edited by n4w

24 minutes ago, n4w said:

FCC would be given AFTER your Dec cruise completed, when the 12 month expiration date is attached.  It would not apply for your Feb cruise since you would have paid in full, unless you wanted to pay to move up to a higher cabin.  So you can plan on upgrading from your current cabin, or you could downgrade before your 120 days, and then apply the FCC towards your move back up. 

So it would expire 12 months from the last day of my December cruise? And I would need to sail within 12 months from the last day of my December cruise? Do I understand this correctly?

Your idea about downgrading and upgrading might work for someone, but the February cruise keeps going up in price, that’s not an option for me. 

Edited by Candy Apple 12

3 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Thanks!

We booked a new cruise (not an existing cruise) when we returned from the November TA. 

Be careful when accepting a future cruise credit. There are restrictions that they don’t tell you about when they offer the FCC. NCL neglects to tell you what the restrictions are and then are so rude when you explain the situation. They just want you to upgrade to a higher level room and then you are eligible to use the FCC. Makes zero sense !

15 hours ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

That’s what NCL wants us to do with the FCC! I just need to figure out how I can use it—do I need to book within a year or sail within a year?

The only "restriction" was that we had to wait until the end of the current cruise to use the credit. I don't recall if there was a time limit that it had to be used by because we already had the cruise planned for a couple months later and used it the day after we got back from the November cruise.

50 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

thanks for the info in this thread--our cabin for our next cruise has dropped $1,000 and for some reason i thought NCL would only give you a FFC worth 25% of the difference after final payment, I called and put in a request for the FFC.

That’s what they did for me back in October 2021. I think it’s full FCC now. Am I correct?

5 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

That’s what they did for me back in October 2021. I think it’s full FCC now. Am I correct?

the rep i spoke to couldn't confirm exactly how much the FCC would be if it is approved. I'll know in a week.